Saturday, May 19, 2012

Starting the Cleansing Journey

Today marked the first day of the "pre-cleanse" portion of my Master Cleanse.  I have spent all day only eating fruits and vegetables.  In a word it has been wonderful, but it is amazing how the desire to consume food is so tied into my mind.

There are several reasons that I decided to do the cleanse.

1. To feel better and break addictions to sugar
2.  Take time to rest and grow physically and spiritually
3.  As a personal challenge

Today I have been really taken back by how prevalent food is throughout our American diets.  Its everywhere telling us what to eat, how to eat, when to eat and above all to EAT.  I was not hungry today while eating my fruits and veggies, however, anything good that I saw on TV or the pizza cooling in the oven tonight I wanted.  WOW.

Today I have really pondered the question do I eat to live or live to eat?

I am really excited to take this journey and am excited to see how I will grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment