Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 1- I can do this

Today has been a great day!  It was my first day doing the actual cleanse and I have to say that so far I am loving this experience.  Just so that you know for the next 9 days the only thing that I will consume is 6-8 glasses of "lemonade" which consists of fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic Grade B Maple Syrup and a dash of Cayenne pepper.   I know, many of you probably think it is the craziest thing that you have ever heard, but I have to say, the lemonade keeps you satisfied.  I have to honestly admit that I haven't been overly hungry today and the lemonade has actually tasted really good.  The one lesson I did learn this morning was to not put too much cayenne pepper in the mix.  WOW.  My lemonade turned into fireade and running 4 miles on it was like creating a raging inferno in my belly.  YIKES.



Running this morning was great otherwise.  I don't think that I am going to run over the next couple of days while I am getting into the heart of the cleanse, but I was surprised at how great I felt overall.  I am already down 6 pounds from when I started with the ease in.  I started on Saturday at 126.6 and this morning I weighed in at 120.4  It just goes to show you how much weight (mainly water) we retain due to toxins, processed and unhealthy foods in our diet.

The biggest hurdle to doing this cleanse is the mental fear.  If I start thinking about the fact that I have 9 more days, I get a little anxious and start to doubt.  So I have decided to take one day at a time.  The toughest time of the day is between 2-6pm.  In an attempt to assuage the blah feeling during that time frame, I have added regular outings and events to keep me busy and focused on my goal of succeeding on this cleanse.  The next two days are the days when the most "healing crisis and events" can happen.  If I can make it through the next 2 days I will be well on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment