Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 8- Ain't it GREAT!!!

Day 8 is coming to a close and I am honestly starting to get excited and empowered.  I might get that cleanser's high after all!  I conquered my biggest fear today, The Salt Water Flush (SWF).  Now for those of you unfamiliar with all the cleanse entails, every night during the cleanse you are supposed to drink a natural herbal laxative tea and in the morning do a salt water flush.  Drinking an herbal laxative tea, No Problem.  SWF, different story.  To do the SWF you take 4 cups of water mixed with 2 teaspoons of sea salt, mix it up and chug it.  Because of the salinity, its like sea water, your body doesn't absorb it so it passes right through you, thus "flushing" your system.  When I read about this flush while doing my research, I can honestly say that I got serious panic attacks.  The SWF is a major fear factor for me.  I decided to just try the herbal laxative and found that it worked well for me.  I was flushing enough without adding 4 cups of salt water to the system.

So, what possessed me to do it today? Kendall Macaluso and my own need to conquer the fear.  Kendall is a dear friend from MOPS who is working to get fit after baby.  She has been an awesome lady to get to know.  We run together and talk healthy.  She and her husband have decided to do the cleanse and the other day she asked if I had done the SWF.  I hadn't.  I decided right then and there that if I was going to complete the 10 days on the master cleanse I was going to conquer the fear.  The next time someone asks me if I did it I can say YES. I said the other day that I was all in and I meant it, flush and everything.

Fear Conquered, IT WAS AWEFUL!  Just getting the salt water down was a feat in itself. Getting past the urge to throw it up was an epic battle.  It kind of made me feel sick and I get the same flushing results with the tea.  I'm sticking with that.

We took a nice long walk today and then spent the afternoon swimming.  Grace and Jancsi came home this evening so the day has really gone by fast.  I am now on the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment