Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 7- Scaling the wall

Wow, is it really the close of Day 7?  Wait..... the more pressing question is, have I really gone without eating for an entire week?  Today has been such a feat and such an accomplishment too.  On the Master Cleanse Road map, Day 7 is referred to as "The Wall."  I really hit a wall on day 5 and at the start of today I was feeling good and thinking that I was going to sail right through today.  All in all, today has been good, but I am SO TIRED of drinking my calories.  This monodiet thing is so challenging.  I found myself feeling today like the Israelites in the Bible when they were going through the desert and God provided them with manna.  Manna and water, that was their diet, for days and weeks and months.  No wonder they turned to complaining.  I've lived one week on a monodiet and I have a new appreciation for how they felt.
The wall hit me this afternoon partly because we have had so much down time today and also because Miss Lily Grace is so needy right now.  We didn't get to stay for church because Lily completely revoltes when we drop her off at sunday school these days.  All day it is either "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" or "Uppie, Uppie, Uppie."  Being low on energy and wanting to eat doesn't help.  Boy it was tough this afternoon.

We decided to head to the Crabtree Valley Mall this afternoon and enjoy the holiday business and window shopping.  I was doing great until we stopped by the food court to get Bob and Lily a snack.  No, it wasn't the food that bothered me, but the fact that we had a major diaper malfunction and I got peed on, BIG TIME.  It was one of those moments where I felt it and could do nothing but endure it.  It ran down my leg pooling in both of my shoes.  That was my wall moment.  In that second I was ready to throw it all in.  Thankfully, I took a couple deep breaths, drank more lemonade, caught the moment on camera and pressed on, WALL SCALED!


I have learned today that as much as I want a break from the lemonade, I have to keep drinking it.  Getting hunger pangs is yucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment