Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 9 - I finally got that high!

It's official, I have made it successfully through day 9 and tomorrow marks the final day of my cleanse.  I am simply in awe of myself today and cannot believe that I am going to do it.  The sense of empowerment, health and strength that I have felt today can only be described as a high.  I am elated.  This is the first day that I have gone nap free and felt great with high energy.  The mental strength that I have found in myself is so incredible and to master a feat such as the Master Cleanse is a great source of accomplishment and wonder.  I am strong and I can accomplish great things.  No one can ever say that will power isn't one of my strengths!

Bob finished his 100 miles today a little early.  He ran 102 miles in 9 days.  Simply amazing.  Sometimes I marvel at how far we have come since the college kids we were.  I once told myself that I would never be able to run a marathon, now I've done 3.  I told myself that there was NO WAY I could do a cleanse like this because I loved food too much and could never go that long without eating and tomorrow I will have gone 10 days sans food.  It is simply overwhelming what we can do when we put our minds too it.  This cleanse has taught me that the only thing that holds me back from achieving great things is my own fears, my own self.  Well, no more.  The sky is the limit for me now!

Tonight was a special night because we got to go out to dinner with two of our dearest couple friends, Ron and Carol Stogner and Jonni and Eric Fichtner.  Jonni and Eric have been amazing friends and spiritual mentors and Ron and Carol have been our life group leaders over this past couple of years. We will miss them terribly when we go.
Just to be clear, I didn't eat, instead I lived vicariously through everyone else.  It didn't even phase me.  Nothing is holding me back tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment