Sunday, May 20, 2012

Base Camp

Well, today marked the second and last day of my ease in phase.  Tomorrow I will start the cleanse in all its monodiet glory.  I enjoyed fresh fruit and vegetable juice only today, starting with a juice of tomatoe, cucumber, red pepper and spinach.  YUM, no actually it really was.  I then followed it up with fresh orange juice and then finished the day with melon juice, apple juice another vegetable blend and some herbal tea.

I took a nap today with Miss Lily and I am amazed at how well I sleep with my body resting from eating. It really is amazing.  I am nervous about the next 10 days.  I told Bob today that it is like climbing Mt. Everest.  In preparation for the climb, I have made it to Base Camp, but there is a heavy climb ahead.

Bob is being an absolute dear and so supportive.  He has decided to take on his own personal challenge starting tomorrow.  He is going to run 10 miles a day for the 10 days.  I have to say that it is nice to have someone challenging themselves with me.

Headaches have been the biggest issue that I have had to deal with so far.  All of the books talk about a healing crisis.  I have a feeling that my body is going to detox via headaches......for starters.


No comments:

Post a Comment