Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 6- Lets do this thing

The sun dawned this morning and I had the blessed realization that I made it past day 5 and after today I only have 4 more days. AHHHHHH!  This morning was kind of a rough one though.  I have been really surprised that the mornings are by far the worst.  I don't know if it is because mornings are when "elimination" happens like a raging force or if it is just the daunting of a new day, but since the start, mornings have been the tough hours.  This morning I think it was being out in the heat coupled with a bit too much cayenne pepper.  I had nauseating heartburn.  It is amazing what your body does to get rid of stuff inside you.   Thankfully I have this wonderful little helper that loves to be in charge of the lemons. She keeps a smile on my face.



Our good friends Shaun and Becky asked if we wanted to head to the Aloha Safari Zoo in Cameron NC to celebrate their little girl Summer's birthday this morning.  I had never heard of that zoo, so we decided, why not?  BEST. ZOO. EVER.  If you have seen "We Bought a Zoo," this little place is like the North Carolina version, complete with family living on the premises.  It was a blast.

 All of the animals were close and visible and many of them were touchable.  It was wonderful and Lily was mesmerized.  She was able to see Tigers and a Grizzly Bear less than 10 feet from her.  It was truly amazing.

The zoo was small, but they had tons of animals.  Lily loved the miniature horses. Since coming back from visiting Feddy, every horse is now Baa Baa (Bon Bon), Hocky (Foxy) or Daddle (Dazzle).  It really is too cute.

I find myself dreaming of food these days.  The funny part is that it isn't a dream where I am enjoying food, but rather a dream where I accidentally eat something and fail at my cleanse.  Last night it was 3 chicken nuggets, and the night before that 1 Peanut M&M.  Who knows what will happen next.

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong! I'm too afraid to try even a fruit cleanse (which probably isn't all that cleansing) because I'm 99% sure I would fail. Keep it up, you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bre! Thank you. Just start small. Like 2 days or 3. Even 1 day is so beneficial and makes your body feel soooooo good.

      Delete