Thursday, June 21, 2012

One Last Time

We're moving. Away, and without the Jessups.  It has sunk in and the reality is really hitting home.  This week has been the week of lasts.  The last time we will feed our kids together, the last time we will give them a bath together, the last time we will cook dinner or eat dinner together, the last time we will watch a show (Big Bang, Raising Hope or Accidentally on Purpose) together, and for Grace and I, the last time we will run together.

This is the spot where we met- a Divine Appointment

I get teary just thinking about it.  Grace was a gift given straight from heaven for me.  She quickly became my perfect running partner.  I truly believe that our relationship is as strong as it is because of our many, many, many miles of running together.  We are perfectly matched running partners.  When she was down I was strong, and when I was down she was strong.  We were always at the same pace and pushed each other just enough.  We did 5Ks, half marathons and a marathon together, and all of the training that went along with them.  Running was (and is) our thing.  When babies were up all night, we ran.  When husbands lost their jobs, we ran.  When life seemed overwhelming, we ran. The simple thought of not running tomorrow or next Monday, or next Saturday............oh it makes me sad.  Yesterday was the last time.


We went to Lake Johnson.  To finish where it all started.  It was special and perfect in every way.  The best part is that Bob pushed the babies in the double jogger so we got to run just the two of us.


The last time they will ride together- they had a ball
Grace, it may have been our last run together for a while, but it was the most perfect and fitting way to say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Everything makes me cry right now! I will always treasure our last run at the Lake! It was everything perfect!

    Jancsi was calling for Lily this afternoon in the car. He sounded worried and he was saying her name like a question. I couldn't help but wonder if he was asking about her. It just about killed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Lily saw a Mom with a baby at the airport and pointed at her with a frantic "Gangi!" It took me a couple minutes to convince her it wasn't her little brother!

      Delete