Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Friends

There is simply no way to tell all of you how much you have meant to me over the past two years.  There is simply no way to express how much you will be missed.  Saying goodbye to all of you is something that, for many, I just don't want to do.  Not saying goodbye makes me feel like I will see you again soon, you know, at the next MOPS meeting or church service, the next coffee date or play date, or even just at the store.  Saying goodbye brings to light the reality that I may never see you again.  The reality that Facebook, Christmas cards, emails and the occasional phone conversation will be the only way we stay connected.  It hurts and it makes me sad.  Every one of you has had a powerful place in my life and will forever be the best parts of my time here in North Carolina.  You were all there for me when I began this motherhood journey.  There is a sense of camaraderie because we were in the trenches together, laughing, crying, supporting, listening and just being, even when we were exhausted.  Gosh I will miss you.  



Grace Jessup-  This moment is not enough to even begin to cover what you mean to me.  That will take its own blog.  Just know for now that I love you dearly and consider you a sister always.

Megan Willis- Our lives have naturally taken us away from one another.  A fact that has been sad but understandable.  You were the first friend I had out here and sharing coffee and life with you helped me  cope with being far from family.  You were a prayer warrior and a confidant, a strong woman and tender mother.  Every time I see a dragonfly I will think of you and remember your sweet presence in my life.

Holly Barton-  In a word you are everything joyful to me.  Your excitement and love for life has been a constant inspiration for me and everyday I strive to be the kind of life giver that you are.  You empower women with your confidence and strength.  Just 5 minutes in your presence can make even the most dreary day sunshiny.  It is a true gift and I will miss you.

Kristin Baldyga- Knowing you has shown me what a true authentic woman is.  You are so genuine and  so ultimately caring.  You have a way of putting others at ease no matter who they are or where they are in their life.  You have a way of making others feel important.  Its powerful and I pray that you can touch the lives of many more women.

Eleanor Mocarri- Sweet, precious and tender Eleanor.  Oh how I will miss you and your sweet little boy.  Some would think that a calm and peaceful woman is not something to be admired, but I would disagree wholeheartedly.  Although you may not feel it or know it, you have always been a calming presence for me.  You are gentle and ultimately tender hearted and in many ways one of the strongest women I know.   Never doubt your beauty Eleanor, it radiates from you.
Kendall Macaluso- You are the reason for this blog dear friend.  I have been so humbled by you.  To be your inspiration and to be thought of so highly will always be a treasure that I will carry with pride.  Kendall, what you don't know is that I am ultimately inspired to be my best when I have friends like you.  You dear friend, delight my spirit and breath into my life. You are a friend that fills my cup. Continue to be that for others.
  
Courtney Wine- If you look up the definition for mother in the dictionary,  you are listed as an example.    You have a maturity and passion that you display in your mothering and I admire you more than you know.  The way you love your little girls and serve not only your family but the world around you puts me to shame.  You epitomize what the Lord meant when He called us to serve.  I seek daily to have a heart like yours.

Becky Moynihan- I thank Bonnie everyday for playing friend matchmaker.  You have blessed my life more than you will ever know.  When I look at you and think about your friendship I think of one word, Mercy.  You dear friend have been given the amazing gift of mercy and compassion.  The heart you have for your daughter, husband and friends is incredible.  Mercy is something I pray daily for and you have been blessed in abundance with it.  I am honored to call you friend.

Carol Stogner- I am so very sad to have found such an amazing couple to do life with, and have to leave you.  Getting to know you through the past year has been special and a truly God ordained blessing.  Carol you are an unbelievably beautiful woman. You care about people, you care about their lives and you remember what they share.  It's easy to listen, and not as easy to remember, but you have been gifted and it makes others feel important.  Carol, your heart is so big, so inspiring.  Never be afraid to let others into it.  Know that you have enriched my life, my marriage and my spirit.  I will miss you very much.

Jonni Fichtner- There are simply not enough words to even begin to truly tell you how amazing you are and have been.  Being so far away from my Mom it was truly a Divine appointment that you came into my life.  You are beautiful and a strong woman of God.  I admire you and look up to you.  Lily has been doubly blessed to have Nonni and Poppy in her life.  Thank you for letting me share in the intimate moments of your life and for being a part of the intimate moments of mine.  Thank you for listening and not judging, for praying without pride and for loving my family as your own.  I love you very much and will always think of you and smile.

For all the times you stood by me, know that I will always be standing by you.

Love you all dearly! 

Goodbye Sweet Friends

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, you made me cry again!! :) I've loved spending time with your sweet self this last half year and I know without a doubt you will make many new friends very quickly in CO. Safe journey, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this really made my day. It was so kind of you take the time to tell me all of us these encouraging words. I wanted to tell you that you will truly be missed here. You are of the most passionate people that I know! You hold so much drive and dedication. I never doubt that you will do something that you put your mind to. I am really excited about this change for you. I know that God will us you to touch so many women in the future and I cant wait to see what happens!!

    ReplyDelete