Friday, June 29, 2012

Good Ole Rocky Mountain High!


Gosh, there is just something about the mountains that gets into you and never lets you go. After 7 years away living all across the country, the Longmires are once again Coloradans! EEEK!

I had these grand and glorious thoughts of taking copious pictures of the days leading up and including moving day and all of the unpacking, but then little Lily got sick. No, sick doesn't quite do it justice. She was horribly ill and I was a very exhausted, scared and worried Mommy. It all started last Thursday on the airplane to Colorado. With all of the moving I didn't think that her “hunger strike” was anything to be concerned with. On the airplane she was her usual busy self, but I noticed that she was warmer than usual. Boy, we made it home to Feddy and Kemos and the first night was awful. The poor baby, her fever spiked up to 103 and she was miserable. She couldn't breathe, and every time she would swallow she would scream. She wouldn't eat anything, or drink anything for the first day and she was in bad place. Day 2 was even worse. Every time I would lay her down to sleep, she would scream and fuss for Mommy. She couldn't sleep, so she wouldn't. The poor baby looked like a zombie, and frankly so did I. Yikes it was rough.
We tried everything from taking a hike in this cool new back pack to visiting the horses, to looking at the pond, playing music and petting Eoeo. Nothing helped. It wasn't until Monday, the great move in day, that she started to seem like her old self.

After dropping the Jessups off in Texas, Bob and my Dad started on their journey to Denver last Saturday. The Last Bit Ranch sells some EXCELLENT hay at a great price, so my Dad took advantage of it and filled the empty space in the truck with hay bales. Bob and Dad pulled into the Flying E Ranch on Sunday afternoon. It was so relieving to see Bob and all of our “life” in the back of the truck. We unloaded hay and then enjoyed what time we could while nursing our sick little one and preparing for unloading day on Monday.

Monday we were all up bright and early. We headed out to our new apartment with all of us in tow. Now, the apartment is way out in the plains of Denver and we were moving in sight unseen. Thankfully Mom and Dad had taken the time to see it so we had some idea about it. It really is a cute little place for apartment living. Lily is thrilled that she has a pool, aka “wato,” close by. It is way too far from the mountains, but it is going to work great for the next year as we get our feet under us and Bob gets immersed in his new job at Plink. Speaking of, Bob LOVES his job. I am so thrilled and simply cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for him.

Because the apartment sits way out in Denver, I am completely unfamiliar with the area. In some respects it still feels like I live in a different state. I am having to learn my way around my little spot of the state. I am simply overjoyed to be back in Colorado, even though we are a ways from my old “stomping grounds,” we are still far closer than North Carolina so for that I am eternally grateful.

Mike, Kathy, Mikey and Maggie all came up from Colorado Springs to help us move into our little home on Monday. It is so wonderful to have them in the same state! I really should have taken more pictures, but I just couldn't slow down long enough to take them. Maggie was so wonderful and kept Lily occupied in the bathtub while we moved in.

Now on day 4 I am finally starting to feel a semblance of order taking place and hoping that I can finish up the decorating asap.
It has been immensely more challenging moving in with a toddler around. Her version of helping is undoing what I just did. Oy!  She is just so cute though.......how can you resist her?


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are getting settled. Praying as you start to get to know the new area. I know you will be all connected in soon! You're just cool like that.

    ReplyDelete