Thursday, June 12, 2014

To Evie From Mom

Happy Birthday Little Bee!  The first amazing year of your life has come and gone and I am sitting here trying to figure out how it went by so fast! Watching you go from tiny infant to little toddler has been so much fun and only a wee bit sad.  Honestly Evie, there is a part of me that would keep you little forever.  That way you would always fit tucked away in my arms.


Bug, there are simply not enough words for me to iterate all of my hopes and dreams for you.  When I look at you I see hope, and a bright future.  The world is open for you and I cannot wait to see where you will go.  Above all, however, is a simple hope and prayer that you will find and know Jesus.  My greatest prayer on this your first of many birthdays is that you will allow Jesus to be the Lord of your life.  He is everything Evie.  I pray you will find Him.

Already I can see a great love for others inside of you.  You will literally go to anyone who is willing to hold you.  It is so beautiful and I pray that it grows into a great compassion, a trait sorely lacking in our society.  All of your life Evie you will meet people who need you to love them and reach out to them in spite of their circumstances.  To love them without judging them and serve them like Christ.  These people may be outcasted, but I pray you will see them the way Jesus does, as someone in need of His grace.

I pray that you will be wise and strong, a woman of great humility and confidence.  Strength isn't always measured in might, but rather in a willingness to lead through sacrifice.    I pray that you will know when to lead and when to follow.  I hope you will make right and wise choices even if it cost you friends.  Be a woman of integrity Bee and do not fear the narrow road.  Trust me, its a good one. Be a light in the darkness, a joy amongst life's sorrows.  Love the unlovable, listen before speaking and above all be willing to love like Jesus.

You are so beautiful Evie Frances, just like your namesake Grandma Fran.  The Lord has big plans for you and I am so excited to watch you grow.  I love you, I am always for you,  I am always on your team.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment