Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Evie Bee is ONE!

 Today is the day!  Evie Bee is 1 year old!!!!  Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray!!!  Can you believe how incredibly cute this little baby has become.  She is blooming into this beautiful little girl.  How have Bob and I been so blessed?



Here is the bow that she wore home from the hospital.  You can tell how thrilled she is!


I went to bed last night remembering so much about June 11th last year.  It was such a great day.  One that I will certainly not forget because it was the day that this little ray of sunshine entered our lives.  Oh she makes me so happy.

Unfortunately, Evie and I are celebrating this day in the throes of an awful head cold bug.  She feels yucky, I feel yucky.  We have spent most of the past 2 days in each other's arms.  Her pics today are somewhat sober.  She just plain doesn't feel well.  I have tried everything to eek out some cute smiles and she just isn't biting.  That's okay.  You can't win them all!

Evie has started to think about walking these days.  Memaw bought her a little lion walker and she loves it.  She is still super unstable, but she loves when someone is willing to take the time to waddle behind her.  She will be walking in no time at all!



The little bee is a true eating champ and loves chicken nuggets.  Its really cute because she loves meat.  The other day we had ribs and she ate more than me!  Goodness.  She is still a little peanut.  We have our 1 year doctor visit soon and I will be anxious to see how she is growing.  She is determined to stay petite at least for now.  Its nice because her clothes last longer!

Now that the weather is nicer we have started to explore the playgrounds nearby and Evie is in heaven.  She loves that there are so many things to climb in and on.  Her favorite thing to do so far is to go down the slide.  She has literally no fear and has pure delight on her face once she starts rushing down the slide.  Lily loves that Evie is starting to do more big girl things!






The dishwasher is our favorite thing in the house right now.  It is unreal.  The second she hears me even approach the dishwasher she motors herself right on over to play.  She loves that she can climb up on the door and has taken it upon herself to actually attempt climbing in the racks and into the heart of the washer.  She loves to help take spoons, knives and forks into and out of the dishwasher.  No matter where we are you can guarantee if the dishwasher is down Evie is around!



As she gets more mobile she has gotten braver.  I cannot tell you the things that I find her climbing on these days.  She has absolutely no thought to safety, and instead loves the thrill of climbing up on an unstable chair.  I have found her countless times in the bathroom, on the stool, trying to reach the sink, toothpaste and anything else she can find.  I have also had to rescue her little self from herself when she sits down on the stool only to realize that she has sat down on the edge.  Oh it is so cute and sad to see her frustration.  "Why am I down on the floor?  I was up on the stool!!"




My little baby bee is such a snuggler these days and she gives the absolutely BEST kisses ever.  Open mouth tongue kisses are simply the most wonderful things.  I could have them all day.  That is most likely why she and I are sick, but.......TOTALLY worth it!  She still loves her blankies and has taken to snuggling with them before and after her naps.  


She has a lot of sounds, but not a lot of words yet.  She loves to say "Uh-Oh" when she drops something and is in love with her father. "Daddddy, Daddddy!"  I have yet to hear "Mom" come out, but I am hoping it will be soon!



Evie, 

The first chapter in your story is complete.  You are growing up and moving on.  I have loved every minute of your first year.  From the tiny little baby to the cuddly little pre toddler, you have been wonderful.  It is so exciting to watch you grow and see you learn and explore your world.  You just make me so happy little one.  You are a delight and I cannot wait to see the places that you will go.  



Always be joyful little Bee, because your joy is contagious.  Happiest of Birthdays to you little one!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment