Friday, June 6, 2014

The Bear and the Bee

My sweet little girls, man how much I love them.  I thought it prudent to give a little update on each of the little dears because they are growing up and changing sometimes second to second these days.  So much is happening as they learn to spread their wings.  

The Bear.

Oh this little rambunctious, smart, outspoken fun little lady.  How can you not smile when you look at that cute little face.  Lily Bear is becoming a young woman.  I know, I know, she's not yet 4, but, have you spent time with her?  She talks like she's 6 and she's tall, and beautiful and fun.  Man has she changed.  She is a consummate swimmer and loves the water.  She finished her first semester of school too.  
I am so proud of her.

Miss Lily Bear has become fascinated with the tiny creatures that inhabit our yard.  Well, not the bees, but the earthworms, beetles, ladybugs and spiders are amazing to her.  She really has such a tender spirit.  The other day I was digging up weeds and every earthworm I would find she would gently take from me, wash it off in her pool and place it in the freshly dug earth.  "Mommy, now we have to wash them off so that they can live in their new home."  Oh it made me smile.  This little lady who is terrified of thunder and is constantly asking "What's that noise?" and who nearly looses all faith in the world when a bee buzzes by has a heart as big as ever for those little slimy earthworms.  Gosh I love her.



Independent is what my little Lily is these days.  She wants to do it all by herself.  This is true especially when it comes to horses.  She LOVES them still and has mastered the ability to practically ride by herself completely.  She and this little horse here, Bon Bon, are absolutely best buds.  Bon Bon takes such good care of her.  Its precious.


Lily learned the fun art of dismounting off the back of the horse the other day.  I just love Memaw.  She makes them tough and brave out there on the Flying E Ranch.  Lily was a little hesitant at first, but following Memaw's lead she slid off the back of that pony with ease and felt accomplished at the bottom.  Simply no fear for this girlie.




Lily loves all things movies and princesses.  She has two nightgowns with Disney princesses on them and she wants to wear them all of the time.  We don't mind.  Speaking of Disney, Lily LOVES movies and would watch them all day if I would allow it.  I can't judge too harshly, I was dubbed the "Movie Queen" as a youngster and she is my kiddo.  I don't mind that she enjoys movies, but we do have to set limits and work through the tears when we have watched enough movies.

Lily loves to wear dresses these days.  She only likes the ones that she can "Twirl" in.  The Bear wants to wear dresses literally every day whether she is going to the park, the pool or up to the mountains to ride horses.  Her favorite dress right now is the one she is in in this picture.  Memaw's rendition of Cisco (one of her horses) makes this little romper the absolute go to for dresses.  Plus it twirls.  


I just adore this little lady.  Even though she is not an overly cuddly kiddo, the days when I get hugs snuggles and kisses just melt my heart.  She is a special one and a little girl that is destined to go places.  Glad I get to be a part of it!

The Bee

This little Bee is almost a 1 year old.  How did that happen so fast?  She is going to have a whole 2 or 3 blogs dedicated to her coming soon so I will just give you a few little highlights here.



The little Bee is absolutely in the cutest stage at present.  She cuddles, she talks to you, she gives kisses (cutest thing ever!!!) and is and unbelievable delight to watch, and take pictures of.


My Little Evie Bee is a W sitter.  If you don't know what that is look at the pics below.  This is how she sits all of the time.  I don't know why, but it makes me smile.  I have a feeling she is gonna be flexible.  As she has started to consider walking her little feet have a pigeon toed look.  She trips over them all of the time and I can't help but giggle.



Evie loves Memaw's house and is only too happy to sit on the floor and get into whatever cupboard is within her reach.  Princess Bandaids are Lily's new "stickers" and the other day Evie found the unopened box too.  We are gonna have to by stock in those I figure!



The Bee has an utter fascination with the dishwasher and LOVES to be in it, on it, around it and digging through it.  She has even started to help unload by handing each utensil to whichever party is putting clean dishes away.  Of course, this maneuver also applies to dirty dishes and many times we just spend a few minutes putting the same utensils in and out of the dishwasher.  She just loves to help.  



The Little Bee has changed immensely in the past month and she is growing like a weed.  I suppose she would considering she is literally eating me out of house and home. Oh she is too cute and I cannot wait to celebrate her 1 year!

No comments:

Post a Comment