Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why Daddies Matter to Little Girls

Its no secret, Daddies are important in a little girl's life.  I know this because, well, I am one of those little girls.  Growing up it was so important to know that my Daddy loved me, thought I was pretty and spent time with me.  Even though Dad was a pilot and gone many days at a time, he still made me feel special when he was home.  I mattered and I knew it.  I now realize that the decisions that I made and the ability to get through much of the hard "stuff" that girls go through was dramatically connected to my Dad's presence in my life.  My Mom was so vital, but there was just something about my Daddy.  Mom's can tell their daughters that they love them and that they are beautiful until they are blue in the face, but when Daddy does it, BOY, its big.



When Bob and I discovered that we were having a girl I instantly began encouraging Bob with how important his role would be.  I just couldn't stop sharing with him how important being Daddy would be.  One of the amazing things about Bob is that, he listened, he heard, and he is now an amazing Dad for our little girl.  He loves her, its evident in every moment with her, and everything he says.  He never misses an opportunity to tell her he loves her and NEVER misses a chance to tell her she is pretty.  It is huge and his presence in her life is vital.

So Dads out there, if you ever doubt the need for your presence in your daughter's life let me tell you a story:


Last weekend, my husband took me out on a date.  Before we left Lily, Bob told her that he was taking Mommy out on a date, but that the next day he would take her out on a Daddy Daughter date.  He told her once, just once.  The next morning I went into her room to get her and the first words out of her mouth as she stood up in her bed was, "I go on Daddy Daughter date!"  She continued to tell me that it was her time to go on a date with her "prince."  Until they left she reminded him constantly, "Daddy Daughter date." Look at her joy when it was time.


It matters guys, and had Bob not followed through, it would have left an impression on Lily that would have lasted a lifetime.  Never doubt how invaluable you are in your daughter's eyes. You matter....BIG TIME!

2 comments:

  1. aunt linda,amy,alex,emma+allieJanuary 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

    Lily looks more like Bobby.....love u guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy's are SO important! Love the relationship Lily has with Bob! You both are blessed.

    ReplyDelete