Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I LOVE my Lily

February is the month of love.  Hearts are everywhere, jewelry commercials are mopey, romantic and convincingly lovely, pink and red cover the world and pretty flowers bring smiles all over.  It's a great month.  So as cliche as it may seem, I think I will spend this month talking about things I love.  


Where better to start then with Miss Lily Grace.  She really is so much fun right now and I am slowly, VERY SLOWLY, starting to feel a little bit better, so playing with her seems more probable.  She is busy all of the time, nothing new there, but it seems to have skyrocketed recently.  Constant motion is the name of the game.

We really never let her up on the bed so when I clean the sheets, I let her play on the bed and she LOVES it!


I keep a strict no jumping policy, and in true toddler fashion, the second I turn my back she jumps.  The best part is the little negotiator that we have budding along.  When I tell her we don't jump, she asks, "Lily crash?" Basically she jumps up once and falls on her tushy.  Technically not jumping, but super close.  Yeah, she is a smarty pants.


Unfortunately, we had a monkey crash the other day and Lily learned firsthand why monkeys do NOT jump on the bed.  What a hard lesson to learn.

Lily has become adorably outgoing and talks to everyone.  She is especially adorable with the family.



She simply LOVES her aunts, uncles and anyone Mom and Dad deem as a family member.  She is utterly precious and says her pleases and thank yous while giving snuggles and hugs.  I pray that she will be a woman of compassion and mercy.  So far I see it and it makes me smile.  What a sweet heart.



Every moment spent with her makes me smile. Sure some of those moments also have frustration intermixed, but every moment is precious.  There are several times a day where I wish I didn't have 18 more weeks before Evie comes, but then I realize that I only have 5 more months of just me and Lily.  I sure don't want to miss out on it.  I just LOVE her.

No comments:

Post a Comment