Saturday, February 9, 2013

I LOVE Running

Call me crazy, but I just love the sport of running.  If you would have told me that I was going to be a runner 15 years ago, I would have laughed, but since that time I have found true joy in it.  Sure some days are hard and others just the thought of running makes me want to cry, but I am eternally grateful that I fell in love with this sport.

Even though pregnant, I have still found enjoyment in it.  The enjoyment hasn't necessarily been physical, but the enormous sense of accomplishment that I get upon completing a run makes it all worth it.  I know, sounds crazy, but its true.

I love that running is free.  Sure you have to buy shoes and clothes, but not very often.  You can do it whenever, there are no "hours,"  you can do it wherever, its such a great way to explore, and you can do it in all weather.

There is a sense of solitude out on the road.  I rarely listen to music because the world around me really has a soundtrack of its own.  Running is a time of reflection, a time of prayer, a time of releasing frustrations, a time of me.  I think that's why I like it so much.  Out on the trail, no one is telling you what to do except you, and possibly your toddler.  It really is nice.

One of the things I love most about running is exploring new places.  I can remember when I went abroad to France, England and Taiwan.  I ran in each one of those countries and loved it.  Being down on the ground running in the towns, by the shops and in public places gives you a taste for a place.  I think one of my dream vacations would be to do a running tour across Italy or Scotland. How cool would it be to run the country, stop in a village to stay and commune with the locals, eat heartily then get back on the running tour the next day?  You may think me loony, I think it sounds fun!



It is simply adorable to watch Lily discover this sport her parents do all the time.  She loves my running hat and is just simply a doll.  She really loves it when we let her out a few feet from the car and let her run with us.  It's precious and just delights her.



Running is also a fantastic way to stay in shape.  It's awesome and so effective, especially when you push 75 pounds of jogger/toddler.  There really is no better all over fitness routine than strapping on your shoes, Vibrams are the best, and hitting the road.

I LOVE it, it's just that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment