Thursday, February 7, 2013

I LOVE my Evie

Last night I was laying in bed waiting for Bob to get home from a company event and I started praying.  I have a lot of things that I love, but wasn't sure what I was going to blog about next so I just talked to the Lord.  I got to talking about Evie and, as if I said her name audibly, she kicked me, swift and hard.  I smiled.  A few minutes later Bob came home and crawled into bed.  He snuggled in and put his hand on my tummy.  His hand was like an electrical current that sent Evie into an excited all out kicking frenzy.  I have never felt her so active.  We both sat there and laughed as she kicked over and over again.   I thought, okay Evie, I get it, you don't want to be left out and YES, I do love you.


Now that I am slowly starting to feel better, and not vomiting every day, I am getting that giddy excitement with the realization that we will have another precious little girl arriving in our lives.  Her activity inside of me makes it feel real and for the first time in a few months, I actually know that the nausea has all been worth it! Oh Evie I simply cannot wait to meet you!

When I discovered that I was pregnant I wrote that this little life inside of me represents hope.  I now feel that more than ever and last night I felt a Divine sense of it.  God is good, He is a God of joy, grace and immense love.  Bob and I are still simply overwhelmed that the Lord took our "slim to none" chances and turned them once again into a precious little lamb.

I LOVE my Evie!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! You are so adorable and I simply cannot wait to see you and that precious Evie bump! These girls are such an incredible gift from the Lord and I cannot wait to meet them! Love you so!

    ReplyDelete