Thursday, February 14, 2013

I LOVE my Husband

I hopped on Facebook today to find a barrage of Valentines Day wishes.  The most common are of course between those in love, married or in some kind of committed relationship.  As cheesy as it is to post on Facebook, "I love my Valentine, Mr so and so," I found myself smiling with each declaration of love.  For some reason, making a public statement declaring your love, commitment and undying devotion out loud, even if that public is primarily a cyber one, is so powerful.  Saying it out loud makes it somehow more concrete, more real, more tangible so that is why on today of all days I am declaring out loud that:

I LOVE my husband, Bob Longmire!


It might be cliche to say, but after nearly 9 years of marriage, I am more in love with him today than I was back on that overcast day in 2004.  We just know each other better.  There is an intimacy that goes so far beyond the physical.  Its of the heart, mind, soul, spirit.  I know, sounds a bit cheesy, but I can't help it.  I waited patiently for my Prince to come and he did.  I thank the Lord everyday that He grew our relationship into a marriage before we ever had a physical component.  To know that your spouse intimately loves your heart, is a gift of pure joy.  It really is.

Bob's love for me puts me to shame.  He never goes a day without telling me I am beautiful and loved.  He is not afraid to challenge me and address hard issues.  He respects my opinion and considers me an equal.  He is a partner in all sense of the word.  He is unafraid to admit when he is wrong or consider the reality that he doesn't know what he is doing, or where he is going.  There is no pretense.  He is selfless, even in moments of selfishness and desperately seeks to live in a world focused on others.  He has want for little yet strives to see the wants of others met.  He is calm, peaceful and loyal to a fault.  If you need him, he will be there, no question.  He is strong and I don't just mean physically.

He has the drive and passion to run 4 marathons in 4 weeks, train for a 100 miler ultramarathon, attempt the Double Triple Bypass Cycling tour and pursue the goal of an IRONMAN Triathlon, yet willing to run 4 miles at a snail's pace with his pregnant wife while pushing his 2 year old toddler.   He gets what matters, even if I have to sometimes remind him.  He would rather spend 10 minutes running next to his toddler than racing for some personal record.  He is balanced.  He can work 10 hour days and be busier than I even know, yet take the time to take me out for an uninterrupted Valentines Day lunch.  I'm important, Lily's important and we know it.


I know you're thinking he's perfect.  Trust me....he's not, but for me he is my perfect counterpart.  There could be none better.  My Valentine sent me flowers and attached was this note:


It was special and touched my heart in ways I cannot even begin to articulate.  To be this loved is a treasure, to be this chosen, simply humbling.

Today I must declare without question or thought, "I would choose YOU too!  Every day, all over again, EVERY time!  I LOVE YOU."

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys! Thankful for your love, your relationship and example of marriage.

    ReplyDelete