Sunday, January 27, 2013

For Better or for Crazy

You know, when two people stand up in front of all of their friends and say, in one way or another, "for better or for worse," it is usually so much easier to see the better and be completely unaware of the "worse."  Maybe not completely unaware, but with the aura of love surrounding the happy couple, "worse" is kind of an unknown.


Well, just as Bob and I have, you discover quickly that "worse" can come in all shapes and sizes.  Lately, it has been in the form of pregnancy craziness.  The hormones that overwhelm your body during pregnancy are simply unbelievable and will make even the most sane of women feel, think and act COMPLETELY crazy.  This is where I am right now, Crazyville, USA.

This weekend has been kind of unreal.  I truthfully feel sorry for Bob.  He is such a trooper and such an incredible guy, but there has got to be moments where he has thought, "Wow, where did my sane wife go?"  I have cried, then laughed, gotten angry at really small things, been moody, irritated, annoyed and not to mention nauseous, oh, then I have cried again.   I've fallen apart again and again, only to take a nap, wake up, feel nauseous and start the whole process over again.  One minute I love watching myself get bigger, and the next I feel so fat and wretched I just want to sit and cry, or laugh, or cry.  Running is just not easy anymore, which totally affects my psyche and makes me feel like I will never feel good again.   You can see, the Crazy train has entered the building and I am on it.  Poor Bob.

Through all of this though, I am simply overwhelmed at my husband.  He is so gracious and loving and remains as always the stable rock that I can hitch my Crazy train to.  Thank Heavens.  I am utterly thankful that when he said "for better or for worse," it also included an insanity clause.

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, I'm in the seat right there next to you on that train. Lordy.

    ReplyDelete