Friday, January 11, 2013

Sweet New Life

2013 is going to be a year of new life in our family.  Our year began on a somewhat sad note with my dear and precious Grandma Fran going to be with the Lord, and I have refrained from speaking about her because there is just so much to say.  The words in my heart are slowly coming together and I will soon memorialize her on one of these blogs.

Amidst the loss though, is the realization that Bob, Lily and I will be welcoming another precious life into our family and today we discovered that it will be another precious little girl!  Yes, Lily Grace will soon have a sister to love and play with.  We are blessed.


Bob, Lily, Mema, Papa and I all headed to the ultrasound for the big reveal and check up today.



We had to have a second level ultrasound at a genetic clinic because of our genetic history.  Having a deeper screening is always a blessing and a curse.  This little girl was moving around like I had given her a Monster Energy drink (thank you waffles!) so getting a good look at her little bottom didn't happen until well into the ultrasound.  Lily was mesmerized with the whole experience and kept on telling us that she was going to hold the baby's hand.  Oh how precious!


While everything appears to be healthy and normal, the ultrasound did see (in one view) a possible tiny whole in our little girl's heart.  After a second opinion, the doctor believes everything is perfectly normal, but wants us to go into the Children's Hospital for a fetal echo cardiogram.  Just to be safe.  He has also requested that we come back in for an additional ultrasound in about 8 weeks.  Again, no major concern, just to be on the safe side.  I firmly believe the Lord has knit and created this little girl and I trust in His goodness no matter what.  It is unsettling though, these little lives are so precious.





I must admit that I have struggled to find a "connection" to this little child over the past few months.  I have heard that it is normal for second babies, but it has stirred up a lot of fear and anxiety inside.  Well I found the connection today when the tech looked 2 minutes too long at her little heart.  Something happened in those endless seconds and now all I want is to keep her safe and sound right next to my heart.

New life somehow changes everything.

3 comments:

  1. This can b a normal finding...Don't worry..everything will b fine..luv u guys..told ya it was a girl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, and love this precious girl so very much! Trusting the Lord that all is fine and praying for your peace as you wait for those tests. Much love and rejoicing with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that all will be well with this little one.

    ReplyDelete