Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a BABE!


Look at this adorable baby in her swimming digs. Albeit, the swimsuit is a tad big and the swim diapers come up nearly to her neck underneath, but boy is she a cutie!


She could grace the swimsuit issue of Baby Illustrated (if they had such a thing!) We finally took her to the pool and actually got her in the water. She loved it and was such a trooper. Bob and I had a blast watching her discover the water! Since she loves her bathtime, we were not too worried about her in the Big bath. Our Aquatics center has a kiddie pool that is heated to a rather uncomfortable 85 degrees. Aweful for adults, but perfect for the little one. Bob took her in first and she just sat in his arms while all of the kids came over to see the munchkin!




He worked on floating and kicking those bunched up legs. I got in next and made her work on floating and we went underwater. It must be a shocker for her to get a big burst of air in her face and then get shoved under the water. She was a trooper though. Every time she came up she would scream and then be perfectly fine. Lily and I played in the water for about 20 minutes and then she was done. It was awesome because, swimming makes our daughter sleep like a rock.


I must remember that for when I have a busy toddler. Just send her to do some laps! What a great time.

We also had another bout with water earlier this week. Now the story I am about to tell will not in anyway put me in the Mommy hall of fame, but we will just chalk it up to a Mommy blonde moment.


On Thursday of this week our weather was calling for 100% chance of rain. Lily and I stayed in all morning and ...... No rain. So about 2 in the afternoon I put her in the Bjorn and we walked down to the shops about a quarter of a mile away and still ..... No rain. When we got out of the first store it was lightly sprinkling, but not really trying and I decide (this is the dumb part) "I don't need to head home, we will keep shopping." So we headed into Old Navy. Not but 10 minutes later it was.....POURING RAIN! Now remember that we have a 100% chance of afternoon rain so I remember thinking that this rain could go on for hours and get even worse. So I decide that I had better try to make it home in the rain. Now to make this story even better I left without a rain coat or umbrella, or jacket. I had a light sweater and a burp cloth for the baby. Yeah, I know, way to go Mommy of the Year. Well we ran all the way home in the rain and were soaking. Funny thing is that Lily had a blast and didn't cry once. I think she thought it fun to bounce up and down in the Bjorn while taking an outdoor shower. It is a good thing we were close to home because a van with a Mom pulled over and offered me a ride. I kept thinking, "Don't be CPS." A 4 month old without a jacket in the pouring rain might get some looks.


We made it all in one piece....just a little damp.

No comments:

Post a Comment