Saturday, March 19, 2011

Give me an A, Give me an R....

Give me an I-Z-O-N-A, Where did we go? ARIZONA!

What a treat, Lily and I got to spend a whole week tootling around our old stomping grounds. Ever since we moved from Arizona, I have been anxiously waiting for the day when I could take Lily Grace back to meet all of our dear friends and family that live in the Valley. When we found out that I was going to be able to go with Lily I just couldn't wait to get there. She and I left a week ago Saturday and made the long trek (5 hour flight) across the country back to the good ole Southwest. When we got on the plane and discovered that it was going to be a five hour flight, I think my heart dropped into my stomach. Lily is good, but 5 hours good? I wasn't so sure. I am happy to say that she did great. Although she is noisy and is very strongwilled, we made it there and back with little drama! Yeah Mom and Baby!


My parents drove my Grandma down that weekend so Lily got to see Feddy and Kemo for a day or so too. They picked us up at the airport and we headed over to meet Uncle Rob, Aunt Steph and some of my awesome cousins. Cassandra came to meet the little one and just loved her.


Cassie is like a sister to me and I miss working and spending time with her. I am so glad that Lily could meet her even if it was only a for a few minutes. Charity and Nathan were next. Charity was absolutely adorable with her and Lily was a happy camper in her arms.


It was such a blast to meet everyone and enjoy some catching up. My cousin Alayna is an amazing dancer who had just come back from a competition and was bone weary.


She got to see the baby and snuggle for a few minutes later in the week too.

Lily and I were really blessed to be able to spend a lot of quality time with Traci, aka Tia Traci.


We got to go to church with her on Sunday and Lily loved the nursery. In fact, when I went to pick her up she was completely content to sit in the worker's arms. I am so happy to know that my daughter is content to play without constant Mommy attention. After church we headed over to Joes Farm Grill for some good BBQ food.


I had a delicious hot dog (yes, I am already starting in on the kid food) and sweet potatoe fries, YUM. Lily was shocked at how warm it was and I had her completely overdressed. Lets just say that she started the morning in longsleeves, pants and socks and ended the afternoon in a diaper. Every time she would fuss I would just remove more clothes. Finally we got down to the diaper and she was like, "Geez Mom, couldn't you just have done that five hours ago?" Needless to say she spent the rest of the week in a diaper or shortsleeved onsie. Why in the world did I bother to pack her a bag? Note to self, babies are exceptionally low maintenance especially in warm weather, got a diaper? CHECK, got a food source? CHECK, packing done!

That evening we had a little shindig at Traci's house and lots of old and new friends came. Traci's boyfriend Tyler was there as well as Joan, Loren, Whitney and Parker Olsen, Matt, Tara, Katie and Mason Weatherly, and Feddy and Kemo.


Joan got to snuggle the baby and thought her little shorts outfit with a butterfly on her fanny was so super cute (Me Too, thanks Mom for gettin' us some shorts!).



Grandma Feddy got her some awesome shades which really came in handy with the Arizona sunshine.


That is one cool Baby!

That night Lily and I headed over to Matt and Tara's house to stay for the week. It worked out great because they still had a lot of baby stuff for Lily like a Pac-n-Play and lots of fun toys. Lily got to meet Grandma Bev (Tara's mom) and she gave her a floppy bunny for Easter. Lily loved it and has already thoroughly chewed the ears. Thanks Grandma Bev.


Katie is Tara's 2 year old and she loved baby Lily. She kept asking about Baby Lolly!


She could get her L's out, but the i and y got a bit lost in translation. She was also mesmerized by the camera and kept wanting me to take a picture of her and then show it to her. Kids these days love the instant gratification that digital cameras bring. Does anyone remember the film days when you had to take a picture and hope you got smiles and eyes open, use the rest of the roll, rewind the camera, take the film to the store, wait a day or two, go pick it up and then see your photo? If kids had to do that these days it would shock them completely. Am I getting old?

Mason and Katie really had a blast when Lily got to take a bath with them. Tara was awesome and crawled in the bathtub with all of the kid's.




Lily had a great time and loved watching the big kids splash around.

After bathtime the next morning, Matt was a rockstar and took Lily so that I could sleep. I loved it. Matt had all three kiddos and spent some time playing on the floor.



Keep posted for the rest of our Arizona adventure.....

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun post. I kind of feel like an ex-Arizonan since Anna & Caleb moved. Fun to see pictures of their friends. I know I'm going to miss the warm weather down there.

    ReplyDelete