Monday, March 21, 2011

The Rest of the Story

Well on Wednesday of Lily and My Arizona Adventure we started off with a trip to the North West side of Phoenix to see Aunt Linda!


Since we moved Linda hasn't been able to make it out to see us so we met at Mimi's Cafe and had a delicious breakfast while oogling the baby. Lily slept nearly through the entire morning which meant that Linda and I got to have a nice breakfast together. Once she woke up from her beauty sleep she had a blast getting to know Linda and snuggling with Mommy.


Linda gave her some awesome outfits and the best one of all was an Arizona Sun Devil Softball Jersey.



To make it even more special, Linda was able to get the entire women's softball team to sign the back!



How awesome is that?

After breakfast, on our way back to the East side, we stopped at a dear friends house to catch up. Crystal and Ben have become such an awesome part of our lives and it has been fun having babies together. Rowan is their first and is about to become a big sister!


Crystal and I tried to get our little girls to take a picture with us, but just when the camera came out Rowan got shy and Lily started screaming. Oh well, here are the cute mommas.


I also got a chance to visit my old office and see all of my coworkers later that day. Needless to say, by the time I got home Lily was exhausted from all of the travel and all of the new faces, smells and sights.

The next day was Saint Patty's Day and we did the most exciting thing. We went to the ZOO! Oh it was so much fun.


I haven't been to the zoo in so long and it was so much fun to take Lily. Megan (Tara's Sister) bought all of us little Saint Patty's pins. Tara was the "Head Leprechaun," Traci was the "Shamrocker," and Lily Grace was the "Party O' Animal."


In her hat and cool sunglasses she looked ready to party. We had a blast walking through the zoo and seeing all of the cute little animals.




Lily was more fascinated with all of the people, but we had a blast none the less.

For the last night in the Valley, Lily and I spent our time with Tia Traci.


We had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon of iced coffee and cookies, good conversation and then dinner complete with wine! Wonderful! When we decided to sit down for dinner, we went out on her patio and enjoyed the mild weather. The baby was happy so we just put a beach towel and pillow down on the concrete and the baby fully entertained herself through dinner.


Once we took this picture and saw the flip flops and hose we thought "Oh boy, this is red neck." That's okay, we had a great time together.

As our time to leave approached I asked Traci if she would take me to In-N-Out Burger. I LOVE that place. While I was pregnant I could not even look at a hamburger without wanting to loose my lunch. Unfortunately, that aversion lasted until about 3 months ago. I hadn't had a proper hamburger in over a year. Oh my heavens it was good!


The place was packed so we just stuck Lily Grace on the floor.


I can't wait until she can enjoy it too!

Lily and I did great on the plane and made it home safe and sound. Bob was so happy to see us!

3 comments:

  1. aunt linda and the "4-footed gang"March 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM

    Bethany..it was so good to see you and Lily..one correction tho it's the AZ State sundevil softball jersey!! Arizona(university of is way the heck down south of here and we(ASU fans) don't like 'em much!! Guess she'll be able to wear that for awhile!! Love to all>>Aunt Linda and the "four-footed gang"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we were able to see you and Lily!!! It was so much fun! I can't wait 'till we can see your family again. Hopefully Bob will be able to come next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, just got your lovely announcement in the mail today! Loved it! Lily has already grown so much! Jon and I really enjoy following your blog! Feels like we are not so far apart! Love ya

    ReplyDelete