Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Family that Runs Together...

Stays together!

I have said before that Saturdays in the Longmire Family are some of my favorite days. Since Bob has gone headlong into running and preparing for the marathon in a couple of weeks, he has to run his long runs every Saturday. He is up to 20+ miles and looking strong. There is no way that me and the baby can keep up with him and go the distance, but we always start with him and run together for a little bit.

This past week I have made it a goal to find other running places in the nearby area. We love the Tobacco Trail, but it is a good distance from our house. Raleigh and Cary have some of the neatest greenway systems, you just have to find them. Sometimes they are tricky to stay on too because every time you intersect with a road most of the time the trail continues either up the road or down the road. Sometimes you have to play the guessing game. Anyways, I discovered the Capital Area Greenway System last week so Bob, Lily, Rocky and I headed there to run today.


Since we are all doing a 10 mile race in April, I needed to do 8 miles today and as a courtesy to Bob I volunteered to push the Baby. Let me tell you, running with the jogger makes it about 20% more exhausting, add the 14 pound baby in it and, WOW, you have a workout!


We decided to go as far as we could on the Trail and ventured into an exceptionally sketchy part of town. Let's just say that I will not be running that without my dog and husband nearby, maybe not even then. Truthfully it really was fun and I always find exploring new places so exciting. It definitely makes running something to look forward to.

8 miles later we pulled up the the car. Poor Bob wasn't even half done with his run and had to go 12 more miles! Bye Honey! Good Luck.


I managed to push the jogger for the entire time and stick with Bob and Rocky, YEAH for Mom!



It was so cute because I saw another park walker with a little 5 pound dog and he was like, "Whoa, there is a woman who can multi-task. I am impressed." That was a compliment that really started my day off well.

Lily Grace, as always, was a trooper. She slept in the jogger the entire time and would only wake up when we stopped.



I sure hope that she keeps her love of the jogger so that I can continue to run with her. It is a great way to get out and enjoy the North Carolina Spring.


No Saturday would be perfect unless of course we enjoyed delicious coffee and crepes.


I love our little spot because the girls now know me and know my drink. I walk in and they ask about the baby and ask me if I want "The usual."


I have never been a "usual." It is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. lol we used to run that trail all the time with the xc team... called it the prison run! Def sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes running is fun! Lily is such a good girl on the trail! I'm looking forward to my Cleveland 1/2 Marathon in May but I'm glad I don't have run the full thing! Go Bob Go!!

    ReplyDelete