Saturday, August 11, 2018

Lily takes on 2nd GRADE!

My Lily, this kid just grew up. There are days where I look at her and have to remind myself that she is only 7.  Her heart, her understanding, and her personality has matured so beautifully lately and I find myself wanting to slow down the clock just a little.  Lily is in 2nd GRADE! 


Last year was an amazing year for Lily academically, and a challenging year for her socially.  This kid loves a great many people, and a great many people love her, but navigating personalities, conflict, and growing up is hard.  We had so many wonderful talks and wonderful moments of learning about life and fairness, about kindness against all odds, and about the 2 things that matter the most:

Loving Jesus
Loving others


She approached start of school with a normal mix of excitement and nervousness, but after back to school night Lily was ecstatic about the new year.  She has a posse of new and exciting friends as well as some old ones, and her teacher, Mrs. McBrien is perfect for her in every way.  My girls have been enormously blessed by the teachers that have come into their lives.


This girl has a mind and personality all her own.  She knows what she wants and wears her uniqueness boldly.  She wants long hair, buns, bows, and braids.  She likes sparkly shoes and all things colorful.  Pink and purple are her favorite, and she would rather be in a dress on most days. She has her own sense of style that occasionally lends itself to Mom's wishes. She is bright and spunky and she exudes light.


Oh her backpack........its all Lily.  I took her to Target and pulled down every Jansport colorful, sparkly bag I could find, but she went right for this one.  I used every argument in the book for picking a more classic bag that would last a couple years, and after 10 minutes of attempted manipulation, she looked at me and said, "No, Mom, I want the Shopkins bag." I surrendered with great angst, and as we walked down the aisle I couldn't help but smile.  I got myself some bold, confident, know what they want children. I turned to Lily and said, "Do you kiddo, cause you know what? You're kind of awesome."



Lily is a ray of sunshine in the world and the doors to her future are open wide.  She is off to a year of  making 2nd grade memories and I am so excited to play her supporting role.

Go, Be Brave, Love Jesus, Love Others, and change the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment