Saturday, August 11, 2018

Back to School!

We did it!  We got both of our girlies in Elementary school, and this week it all became very real.  A new chapter of life has begun!



Evie had a special introductory party for Kindergartners on Monday morning before Back to School night.  She had such a great time meeting some of her friends and hanging out with her teacher Mrs. Rodeffer.  I am so thankful the Evie has Gretchen this year because we love her.  Evie did not shed one tear in the whole process!


My beautiful girls woke up bright and early on the first day of school, and were ready to go even before I was. Their backpacks this year perfectly sum up their personalities. Evie is Wonder Woman......she just is, and her face lit up when she saw the sparkly bag practically made for her.  Lily is bright, bold, and full of fun and friendships. That's Lily, and she chose a backpack that reflects her perfectly. 


Evie seemed so little with her backpack on, and yet her smile tells you everything. Little doesn't mean squat when you are ready!


We captured every moment we could before we headed out on this new grand adventure of having 2 kids in the same school for the same time!


Both of the girls walked right into their lines and didn't even hesitate when the bell rang and they marched off to their classes.  I wasn't sad,  I didn't cry, but I did feel.........reflective.  It's here.  This day is here and I will not have a Kindergartner again.  Life is changing and moving forward.  It's exciting and perhaps a bit more emotional than I can wrap my brain around.




All I can do is hug Bob and smile with excitement.  We did it honey!  We got these beautiful creations to elementary school, and now, the sky is the limit!



No comments:

Post a Comment