Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh to Just Finish One Thing

Once again I am dreadfully behind on my blogging.  I have a good friend who told me that when you have 2 kids your workload doesn't double it quadruples.  He was not joking.  I am simply amazed with how much more occupied my time is these days.  I find myself living in a life of unfinished projects.  The other day I was home with Evie while Gramma Jill and Lily were out.  I had these great plans of getting a load, ONE load, of laundry done, making beds, cleaning up the dining table that is currently the "junk" table and washing the dishes.  Well I got the load of laundry in the washer, but it never made it to the dryer, the dining table still is the junk collector, the dishes didn't even get touched, and I think I got to one bed.  I did manage to feed my Evie and I think I even managed to eat something myself.  A fact that I am still amazed about.  It is uncanny how you start projects, but actually seeing them through to completion is almost impossible.  Oh well.  Things will get done.....eventually.




This fact is so true for my blogging.  We have been doing so many fun things lately and I have so many great pictures to share.  Hopefully I will get this blog done before someone or 2 someones need me for something!

We visited Wyoming last week and spent the day with Aunt Beth, Uncle Chase and Great Aunt Jayne. It was a wonderfully beautiful day for a picnic and we had a blast visiting together and sharing the babies.  Elly and Evie are so close in age and it is Beth and my hope that they will be fast and best friends.









The very next day we decided to spend a morning at the Childrens Museum.  What a blast!  I haven't been to that museum for over 20 years.  It now has a bubble room and this cool Kinetics room filled with balls and all sorts of fun things.  We had a blast playing at the museum and when it was time to go Lily was firmly against it!  Guess we will find ourselves there again!














I made the glorious attempt of trying to capture a sister picture in their red whites and blues and failed miserably.  When Evie cooperated Lily was plain ROTTEN, and the brief second that Lily behaved Evie was screaming.  I had to post the pictures.....what can I say......its my life.  My girls are too cute even amidst the honesty of our everyday moments!



Our last adventure of last week was dinner at the White Fence Farm.  Lily LOVES the place because they have a horse pulled carriage that takes all the patrons on a jaunt around the property.  We hardly got through dinner without Lily begging to ride on the carriage!  Oh she was so excited.  Memaw and Gramma Jill took the girls and you can see they had so much fun.






Afterwards we enjoyed the shops and goats to pet.  It was a great night.  Evie is such a trooper and just goes wherever we do.  I love it!

The most amazing thing about last week has been how strong our little Evie Bee is.  The second time that I put her on her tummy she switched her head from one side to the other.  She is determined to hold that head up and it amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment