Saturday, July 6, 2013

Evie's First Hike

It has been so long since we have gone as a family to the mountains to hike!  The last time we went, I spent the first 10 minutes throwing up in the parking lot.  So glad that is not how I started today!





Today we headed over the mountains to Squaw Pass and Chief Mountain.  It was a beautiful drive and the hike was simply breathtaking.  Being only 3.5 weeks after Evie arrived I wanted to do something manageable so this 3 mile hike seemed perfect.




The views were simply beautiful and the temperatures were awesome!  Bob had Miss Lily on his back and I carried little Evie on my front.  Boy, let me tell you, that made the workout that much more intense! It was so much fun to pass by fellow hikers with a tiny baby.  I was making friends left and right!  Yep, we start them early here in the Rockies.





Lily simply loves the mountains and I hope Evie will too.  We made it to the summit and sat down just in time for Evie to be hungry.  I didn't mind, though, the view was amazing!







Evie's first hike was a huge success.  I was exhausted by the time we made it home, but it was so wonderful to be out in the wide open mountains again!


No comments:

Post a Comment