Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What a Week

The week of July 4th seemed to literally FLY by.  We are staying so busy around here and when I am not nursing, disciplining, eating, or just trying to figure out this new chapter of life all I want to do is SLEEP.

I have found a brief moment here, however, and I want to get the high points out on the blog.  One of the most special things is that Evie got to meet her Uncle Mike.




Mike came into Denver for the weekend and got to stop by briefly to meet his new niece.  We were busy with our newest project in the garage, but we took a break to snuggle the baby.  It was so wonderful.  I love how God works.  This moment is truly a special one and I am so glad he came.  We missed Kathy and the kids, but it was great to see him.

July 4th was a fantastic day of family and fellowship.  Chase, Beth and Elly came down from Cheyenne and it was a wonderful time to reconnect and hang out.  It was also nice to have a nursing buddy!  Family is so special.





We didn't do much on the 4th except horseback riding of course!  Lily just cannot get enough of the 4 legged creatures.  Evie slept most of the day away partly because I had mojitos!  YUM.



We took some time to take some pictures of Grandmas.  There is something so very special about a Grandma.  These women are so important and have such a special place in our lives.  I just love that my girls have them in their lives.







Lily and Evie had their very first bath together this past week and it was so cute.  Lily is all about helping these days and it was simply sweet to watch her sit by her sister and help her Daddy wash her. 



After bath time we did tummy time and Lily laid right down near her sister and said "you can do it baby Evie," when Evie was trying to lift her head.  I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment