Friday, June 28, 2013

Beauty

My little Evie has simply stolen my heart, just like Lily did.  I cannot believe how amazing she is and how beautiful she is.  There are moments when I look at her and am once again astounded at how miraculous and incredible our God is.   Evie is everything right with the world.




She has this beautiful dark hair that simply covers every inch of her little head.  It covers her ears and her little neck.  I love it.  Her eyes are blue.  A dark ocean blue and when she looks at you all you want to do is just stare endlessly into them.


She has long arms, long fingers and long toes, but she is a little peanut.  Everything about her is sweet and lovely.  There are times when she can scream like no ones business, but she is very laid back and very peaceful.  When she sleeps, she sleeps soundly and at this point can sleep anywhere.  Its wonderful. 


Evie Frances makes me smile every time I look at her.  At night I love to cuddle with her, its a peaceful time and just hers and mine.  When I look at her I cannot help but be amazed and astounded.  Looking at her wipes away the hard and sometimes unbearable moments of my pregnancy.  She is beauty.

But so am I.  Now that my little one is here I am seeing myself differently.  You know about 10 weeks ago I woke up to discover I had several stretch marks on my belly.  I was devastated and cried my eyes out.  After birthing the way I did and seeing the perfect creation my body held, I now look upon my marks as beauty and as a source of great pride and joy.  I am a mother.  My body has sustained and carried two babies.  Two beautiful, perfect little girls and.....


We are beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment