Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Gardener Never Fails

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. 
~ Isaiah 58:11

This week has been busy busy working hard to get our new place unpacked, pictures on the wall and rooms done before the tiny one arrives.  While I would love nothing more than to have her out of my body right now I am very grateful that we will not only be moved, but also set up before she arrives!  There is only so much stress we can all handle at once!


Poor Maddie, can't even find an item free place to sleep.

I know you all are anxious for a peek inside my house, but I am afraid to say, its just not ready.  I promise to give you a peek as soon as possible and if baby Evie holds out on me it will most likely be sooner rather than later!  So keep posted!

One of the things I have always wanted to have is a vegetable and herb garden.  I have wanted one for years, but the thought of planting a garden only to move later seemed disheartening!  This year the Lord led me to an amazing gardener who is part of the Master Gardener Association here in the area who encouraged me to have a garden in pots, DUH!  So I had him start the growing part and I picked up all of my potted plants as soon as we got into the new house!  


Last Thursday I was able to welcome my new garden in to our little backyard!  Oh I am so excited about it,  I have tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, eggplant, zucchini, basil, oregano and cilantro!  I am just beside myself with glee over trying my green thumb at veggie gardening!  Already I am realizing that gardening and gardening well is a major undertaking.  You have to feed your plants, not over expose them, water them, but not too much and keep them trimmed and picked.  



So much responsibility!  And here all I thought was "give them water."  I love the work though and I love that Lily is going to get a taste of how things grow and where our food comes from.  She is already mesmerized with the garden and loves to smell the Basil. That's my girl.


No I am not going crazy taking on another thing right now, truly it is a great coping mechanism.  I am so very very uncomfortable right now and it is hard to wait patiently when all I want is to have  Evie Frances out, out, OUT!  I am tending to more than one garden at present, and this one little being is simply sucking all the energy out of me.  

I love the verse up at the top and have been thinking on it all week.  I love how the Lord reveals himself through nature and through the various things in our lives.  Right now I feel sun-scorched and needy stuck within a fairly week frame, but everyday that I get up and go about my day I know that the Lord is watering me, and keeping me going.  I know its a silly metaphor, but I am constantly praising the Lord for His careful gardening.  Growing things is not easy, I am discovering, and yet my Master Gardener never fails.
39 Weeks Pregnant and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment