Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sippy Cups and Sunshine

The past couple of weeks have felt like a whirlwind. I have started to realize that Bob and I are slowing down on the baby picture taking. It isn't that Lily doesn't do something cute every day, but it seems like "I have already taken that picture." It's like, really, how many different ways can Lily sit in her high chair? So, I have been trying to take pictures of new moments as well as some good oldies just to keep everyone up on her cuteness.


Bob and I are trying to get out more and actually see this state that we at present call home. It seems so much easier to just sit at home on the weekends. Last weekend we decided to check out the North Carolina Museum of Art. Lily wasn't so sure about the fountains in the front, but what a cool place.



It is free to visit and they have over 80 acres of indoor and outdoor exhibits. I do have to say that when you are in an open art museum and your child screams, it fills the entire building! Might not have been the best thing to do with the baby. Contemplatively observing art is not high on Lily's to do list.

I am thoroughly enjoying this stage of her little life though. Her little personality is starting to show and it is so cute. It, of course, is also slightly naughty. She has learned that she can SCREAM and loudly! The other day we were at the grocery store and she was just as cute and happy as could be. She smiled and engaged with everyone we saw. Well she was sitting in the cart and was not quite stable so I went around a corner and she tipped over and bonked her head on the side of the cart. You would have thought that the world ended. The screaming was unbelievable and just wouldn't stop! At first it was an "Owie, that hurt Mommy," but quickly turned into "I am mad that I got hurt, I am mad that we have to be doing this, and I am mad that you aren't responding exactly how I want, AAAAAAAA." Whoa there little girl, I am not that kind of mommy! I think she was shocked when Mommy's comfort turned into discipline.

This week she really has started to get the sippy cup concept and just loves it. She has not quite figured out that the sippy part isn't on both ends of the cup, but through trial and error she figures it out.



Lily isn't all that convinced that she wants to be drinking water, but I have made it clear that water is what she is getting so it is slowly starting to taste okay. She is doing so great with food. She really eats anything that I put in front of her and lately it has been green beans, carrots, peas, barley, apples and yogurt.

Lily has quickly entered the stage of distraction too. Whenever she starts to fuss we just distract with whatever is near. That could be a hangar, a pen, chapstick, a shirt, towel, paper, keys, phone or gum packets. Who would have thought that two packets of EXTRA gum could provide so much fun.


I got 30 more minutes after her fussing started with those blue and green boxes.

In other news we are earnestly seeking housing for next year. Bob and I have decided not to renew our lease in the hopes of finding a nice house that we can rent. We really want a little more space and a backyard for Rocky. Apartment living is just a bit cramped especially with 3 animals, mom, dad and baby. I must admit that the thought of moving again is very stress inducing, but at least this time I can help. We trust that the Lord will provide, but it is going to be a bit crazy for the next couple of months to be sure. I am so grateful to have a husband who loves and supports our family and I am even more blessed to be able to put my Trust in the Lord. Its nice to have peace even amongst life's chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment