Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I am a Mother, what a Blessing it is

Welcome to the world little one, welcome to my heart,
This First and special Mothers day is only just a start.
So long I waited for you, so long I deeply prayed
And here you are tucked in my arms where you'll always stay.


Each day I wake to see you smile and snuggle you so tight
Your joy is indescribable as you giggle with all your might.
I love to watch your antics as you learn about the world
You truly are a treasure and such a lovely little girl.

The deep deep pride and tremendous love that fills my very being
Reminds me of a stronger Love that gives our lives great meaning.
Knit together so perfectly and blessed from head to toe,
The image of a beautiful God shows clearly as you grow.


You have your moments, yes indeed, just like all of us do
But Grace abounds wholeheartedly for you and your Momma too.
I promise to try to guide you down the often narrow road
Teach you about right and wrong, each decision to decode.

Life won't always be easy, it won't always treat you well
You'll deal with pain and heartache on sorrow want to dwell
You'll also have great happiness, know overwhelming peace
I pray the joy you find in life will help the dark times cease.

I promise though to always be here to help you through,
To hold you up, share your joy and love you always true.
I am on your side through thick and thin, for you I'll always fight
To be you Mother little one is my greatest blessing and delight.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being a Mama! What a sweet poem, I love it. She's absolutely precious. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, what an incredible gift to be able to write so beautifully! Lily is truly blessed with a wonderful Mommy! Your words will be something she will always treasure.

    ReplyDelete