Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Longmire Wedding Weekend Part I

"And the two shall become one"..... (Ephesians 5:31)

I love that Bible verse and I absolutely love weddings and watching two people join their lives. This past weekend we got to watch as Grandpa Longmire married his long time sweetheart Lynn. It was such a joy to be immersed in family and fun. We were busy the entire weekend and did not stop until we got home. Lily exceeded all of our expectations and was such a good baby. She went everywhere with us and everyone loved her and kept telling us how beautiful she was. The whole time I kept on thinking how wonderful it was that she got to be a part of this special event in the Longmire history.

Well Bob, Lily and I pulled into the Chicago Midway airport on Thursday night and were greeted by Grandpa Longmire. Lily was a doll on the flight and made fast friends with the lucky guy who got stuck in the window seat. Grandma and Grandpa had thoroughly spoiled the little dear with a brand new pink and brown pac and play as well as several new outfits and a new fantastic play mat. We headed to bed early knowing that once we started all of the festivities we would be going, going, going.

Friday morning we woke up and I came down to find Bob and his Dad being "techie" and giggling over Lily's antics with the IPAD.


After some time hanging out, they handed me the baby and Bob, Grandpa and Uncle Brent all headed out to the golf course. They got to play Seven Bridges Golf Course which is covered with water. Bob had been practicing for weeks and played really well. He even eagled a par 5.



All of the girls got to spend their morning at the Spa getting thoroughly pampered. I must admit that when I was told that we had pedicures, manicures, massages and hairstyles on the books I was very unconvinced that I was going to make it through half of that with Lily in tow. Oh well I thought, If I can get a pedicure and hairstyle out of the morning I would be happy. Pedicures happened first and Lily got to get her toes painted! Her first pedi! After her appointment, Darcie and I had our toes done followed by Nikki and her mom.




I have not had a pedicure for over 9 months, it was AMAZING! Lily was as cute as could be and kept everyone entertained with her smiles. Next was manicures and aside from a diaper change (thanks Grandma Lynn) and a nursing break she was a dream and kept smiling away in her stroller. When I headed over to get my hair done I thought "Okay, this is where the baby quits on me." Boy was I wrong! She smiled contentedly the whole time. Once done with the hair, I had a couple of minutes before my massage and she started to fuss. Uh-oh! I took her into an empty massage room, shut the lights off and hoped that she would sleep. And sleep she did. She did not make a peep through my massage! Such a good baby!!!!!


Once we were all quaffed and primped we headed over for family photos at a great studio nearby.


Lily looked so cute in a jean dress and black flower band. Getting the little diva to smile proved much more difficult for the photographers than they thought. There were about 15 of us in the photo and the poor assistant had to do everything but stand on his head in an attempt to eek out a smile. I think we got a few, but we were all laughing so hard by the end of the ordeal.

Once the pictures ended, we all headed out in the pouring rain to go to our fantastic family style dinner at Luigi's House.






We had a private room and feasted on Italian food, YUMMY. Lily fell asleep on the ride over and didn't wake up until after dinner.


Bob and I could not believe how awesome she was. We got to reconnect with Bob's Aunt Deb and Uncle John.


Debbie was Grandpa's "Best Man" and it was so great to see them again and introduce them to Lily. Lynn's dad Lee was there and a host of sisters, aunts and cousins.



It was such a great time. Once Lily woke up she got passed around to everyone and enjoyed the Grandma and Grandpa cuddles.



I got to enjoy fantastic wine and have two desserts. It was just scrumptious.

After dinner we headed over to the chapel for a quick rehearsal and then all of the ladies got to go wine tasting at the reception steakhouse. It was so enjoyable and Bob was a dear to take the baby home so that I could hang with the ladies. What a great start to the wedding weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment