Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Berry Good Week!


Lily and I got to go strawberry picking this week. Not once, but TWICE too! This time of year the strawberries out here in NC are soooo delicious and there are rows upon rows of them! It really is a fun experience because you get a bucket and then get to go traipsing through the fields looking for the most succulent berries. The best part of it is that you can also "snack" along the way, you know, to keep your energy up!



Grace, Jancsi, Lily and I headed up there on Wednesday and filled a whole bucket full in about 20 minutes. Lily was not so super interested in the whole experience and ended up crying in protest towards the end. Little does she know how fun it will be to eat and pick and eat and pick, thoroughly covering herself in a layer of red juicy goodness.


Once the bucket got home I must say that all of the berries were gone by the next morning. Yes, they were that good! I probably ate my weight in strawberries. I justified it by telling myself that they are a fruit and full of water, everything a nursing mom needs. I did let Bob have a few and we enjoyed them on spinach salad too.


Well Thursday morning I woke up to find my bucket empty and decided to head back out to the farm for a refill. Lily and I met Phil and Talitha out on the range and filled up again. No I did not eat all of them this time, but I did scarf down a few (well maybe more than a few). Lily was such a trooper in her strawberry onsie. She held the bucket and found berry picking much more to her liking the second time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment