Monday, May 23, 2011

2:03:12

No, its not a special date, its my half marathon time! Yesterday Bob and I headed out to run our 13.1 miles through the Umstead Park with the Inside Out Sports Classic Half Marathon.


It was a big day for me especially because it was the first half marathon after having Lily. It feels like such an accomplishment to have a 6 month old at home and be able to run all of those miles.


The race was beautiful and the weather was fantastic. The race was much smaller than most half marathons so there were fewer people and more space on the roads. We ran nearly the entire race on crushed gravel which felt wonderful on the legs. Of course the park was rolling hill after rolling hill which was actually kind of nice considering that for every minute I gave up on the uphill I got to recapture on the downhill! It was an out and back course too so I got to see Bob a couple of times during the run, which was a great encouragement!

We finished the race by running on the Black Creek Greenway and then up a hill to the finish line. Overall I felt great, however, I have been having shoe troubles and I ended up with blisters on two toes. Sadly one of them popped at about mile 12 so I had to slow down and compensate. Silly Shoes! Oh well, I just kept pushing and didn't stop once. The finish line came around the corner and I crossed it with pride!


No comments:

Post a Comment