Thursday, May 19, 2011

Longmire Wedding Weekend Part II

After crawling into bed at around midnight on Friday, we all slept quick and were up and about early for the BIG DAY on Saturday. Bob and the Groom to be headed out to do what they do best....GOLF, and all of the girls got set up to get hair and makeup done. I cannot even begin to tell you how enjoyable it was to get pampered again. Lily was a doll and happily played on the floor while I got primped and curled. Lynn bought this adorable little flower that I got to wear in my hair and I went from drab to fabulous in just under an hour and a half. What do you think?


Once we were all gorgeous we headed over to the little chapel a little early so that I could run through the music that they wanted me to sing. I absolutely love to sing at weddings, but it was definitely a bit more challenging with a husband who was also in the wedding and a little baby in tow. We got all rehearsed and then I headed down to get dressed in my cute dress and 4 and 1/4 inch heels (no that was not a typo). Here we all are just a few moments from our walk down the aisle.



The ceremony was short, but so much fun. I sang Bruno Mars "Marry You" while we all walked down the aisle. It was fun and creative. The chapel was so small that I didn't even need a microphone. The officiant gave a lovely sermon and before the vows I sang Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" which was Grandma and Grandpa's favorite song. It was so sweet to watch the love they felt for each other so evident in their faces. Through tears and smiles they exchanged vows and rings, became the Longmires and danced all the way out the doors. Such a precious moment and such a joyous celebration. (Since I was so busy being a bridesmaid and a singer ceremony pictures are few, but I will add more later when I get them from the photographer). Oh, I know you were wondering about Lily. Well, Lynn knows a couple of high school honors students who came and watched her the entire day. They were wonderful with her and she was such a good baby! Praise the Lord, because without them, it might have been a very disrupted service.

Following the ceremony we all headed over to Sullivan's Steakhouse for the reception. We got to have the entire resaurant to ourselves and feasted on 4 courses including delicious wine, lobster bisque, filet mignon, calamari, and creme brulee. YUM. We were all uncomfortably stuffed! It was so much fun.





Once we were all topped off and the plates cleared we headed back over to the Longmire house for what else.....wedding cake!


It was delicious even though all of us had to unbutton our pants in order to fit it in! Lily also got to spend some quality time with her new Great Grandpa Lee.


Cake and company kept us occupied until the big limousine bus pulled up to take all of us to downtown Chicago to go to The Second City comedy club. The Second City is a club that many famous comedians came out of like Tina Fey and Martin Short. They did an original play called "The South Side of Heaven" and it was a riot. There was one scene that got Bob laughing so hard he was crying. It was pretty funny.




Of course on the way home I could no longer keep my eyes open and fell fast asleep. All of those younguns burning the candle at both ends. Don't they know that I have a baby that still wakes me up in the middle of the night? Totally worth it though, we had such a blast!

On Sunday morning I got the blessing of sleeping in until 9:30! Whooo Hooo. Of course the baby woke up at 5:30, but so did daddy so.....he got the baby and I slept. It was AMAZING and so needed. For a final hurrah all of the wedding party headed over to the Hilton for their scrumptious buffet style breakfast complete with omelet station and chocolate fountain. I thought it was time for Lily to get her first taste of chocolate and I think that she liked it.


Of course after her taste testing, she completely passed out. We were all laughing about how nice it is to be a baby. All of us felt just like she did and would have loved to have some chocolate and then sleep.



Such a wonderful and busy weekend. Congratulations Grandma and Grandpa Longmire!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful synopsis of the weekend! I received lots of compliments on your Bruno Mars song walking down the isle!!! Everyone wanted to know you name, Bethany!! Thanks for making the ceremony one to remember.

    ReplyDelete