Saturday, November 19, 2016

Journey to IRONMAN: Tomorrow

I have dreamed about this post for months, years even.  It's TOMORROW! It's here and I am gearing up to compete in my first ever IRONMAN!  I made it through the long months of hot and long training.  I was never injured and I have been healthier than ever.  I am IRON Strong (thanks Coach!) and I am so ready to do this tomorrow.


Today I dropped off my beautiful bike and my gear bags and then hopped in the water for a brisk and chilly 1000 yards.  The water is 66 degrees and was perfect. It will make for a fantastic swim in the morning!  There was something so great about getting in the water today with my fellow athletes.  Last year I stood on the bank of the lake watching the athletes thinking, "In a year I will be in there." Well, today was that day and I entered the water with this smile on my face.



I am so peaceful about my race tomorrow.  I love this life and this journey that I have been on.  And I have to say, the journey doesn't stop tomorrow either (wink wink).  Tomorrow I just get to join a club and relish in my reward for months and months of commitment and training.  I also get to realize a really big dream of mine.


I want to leave this blog with one thought for all of you readers.  My tomorrow is here.  What's yours?  As someone who did what it took to find my tomorrow, don't wait, don't give excuses, don't wish..........start doing!  Your tomorrow will come and when it does I PROMISE it will have been worth all the hard work and sacrifice to get there. IRONMAN is not only a title, but a state of mind.  Find what makes you IRON and dig in until that day comes when you can say.......my tomorrow is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment