Sunday, June 19, 2022

18 years later......

We are getting grey hair......we promised all those years ago to grow old together, and we are doing it.  This year we spent so much of our Summer on the beach and I have to say how much I adore these recent shots of us in Florida.  It was early morning, and the beach was quite literally full of umbrellas and rentable chairs, but we found a pocket of open sand and surf to capture us.  I just love it.  

Making a marriage work is one thing, making a marriage flourish is another.  I am so grateful that the man I chose to grow old with is Bob Longmire.  I won't lie, we are in an exhausting season of marriage navigating blond haired giants. 

I really don't care who you are, the parenting years are so hard. Parenting stretches and pushes and in many ways feels like a pressure cooker. Its every day, all the time, constant, from sun up to sun down.  Being an intentional parent, determined to raise intelligent, aware, compassionate, and brave kids is SOOOOOOOO exhausting.  And we are feeling it.



Our moments of deep intimacy are fewer and farther between these days.  It makes them both so wonderful and so necessary. Even 18 years into the we are still learning how to juggle the demands of adulthood, parenting, and life with the desire to be in each others arms all the time with no responsibility.


We are right in the middle of doing our best to make memories with our girls while navigating growing hormones and feelings.  There is a lot goin' on in our house.  Bob is taking on putting solar on our roof this Fall, and we are gearing up for a year of supporting our budding athletes.  As a 4th grader Evie has a free National Parks pass so we are working towards spending this year seeing as many of those as we can too!



I am grateful for each year that we have to grow old and adventure together.  We are dreaming about all the adventures still on the horizon and looking forward to a 20 year trip out of country and possibly in a bungalow over water.  Oh I hope we can!


This man is my safe harbor and I thank God for him.  He is my iron and he is my mate. Our life and our marriage is a sweet one and I am so very excited for what lies ahead.


Happy Anniversary My Love.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment