Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Men in Kilts

Renaissance Festival Day started with another trip to the local Starbucks and a walk around the River with this chick.  I just love her.  



I got the girls hair all done up for the Festival and Bob took the girls to do a little workout before we indulged in ALL THE FOOD at breakfast and the Festival.  I mean that pancake could eat Evie.


Going to the Colorado Festival is so nostalgic for me and I have many very fond memories wrapped up in its city.  It was a BLAST to get to attend another festival in a different state, and the Texas one did not disappoint.  It was massive and I had no idea how big one of these things could be.

I won't lie.....I have wanted to get Bob a Kilt for a long time (Thank you Jamie Fraser!) but I really didn't want to just order one on Amazon.  I wanted it to be a fun adventure whenever we finally got one and this was the perfect opportunity!

My brother and sister in law have amazing kilts and so we wasted no time getting Bob and Mikey in Highlander garb.  All I am going to say here is.....YES PLEASE.


While I took the girls to spend an outrageous amount of money on fabulous outfits, the guys and Aunt Kathy took part in a Scotch and Whiskey tasting.  Bob is an avid whiskey guy and they all had a great time.  Meanwhile I had a blast getting the girls all dressed up!




All of my family was ready for the festival!





The Renaissance Festival is ridiculously expensive, but SO MUCH FUN.  I broke down and got myself a kilt when I realized that everyone was rocking the look but me.  I caved to peer pressure and am so glad I did.  Like I said on my instagram.....we will now be attending all major events like this!



With the pandemic still in full force, the shows and general entertainment was different, but we had a blast and the girls just had to stop and take a photo when they found some Disney Princesses in the mix!






One of my favorite moments from the day was walking through the Japanese Garden that is in the middle of the park.  Just a lovely lush oasis of trees and gardens right in the middle of the festival. 



We finished the night with the Fire show and Fireworks plus a few funnel cakes and popcorn too.


 The girls LOVED the festival and cannot wait to go to AZ next Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment