Sunday, November 8, 2020

I Have Decided

Dear Lily and Evie,

Girlies, I am so behind in our blogging.  A lot has been happening, but our life, our story, and our memories are worth saving so girls I promise to get them all out.  Even if they aren't exactly chronological.  A couple of weeks ago you experienced one of those days in your life that you will always remember.  It was one of those days that you will cling to and hold on to when the world comes at you hard and Jesus seems far away.  It was the day that you two decided to follow Jesus and publicly declare that choice by being baptized.  It was a great day and one that your Daddy and I feel so grateful to have been a part of.


Your decision to be baptized was put on hold with this whole COVID business and eventhough you had to wait a few months, your decision never once waivered.  Every month you would ask me the question, "Mommy, when can we be baptized?"  Girls, we have raised you to know that your decision to follow Jesus is yours, and your's alone. Daddy and I can't make it for you, and there is an indescribable feeling knowing that both of you found your voice and made your choice.


Our church has been such a wonderful place for you girls to grow and mature in your faith and I love that you have found incredible women and teachers to follow and admire.  Becky Bibelheimer is one of those incredible women and you both asked her to baptize you.





I won't lie ladies.  I had a very selfish moment when I asked who you wanted to have baptize you and your answer wasn't me or Daddy (you see all the other kids had their parents with them). I had a brief moment of feeling that somehow this was my moment too (how selfish I am).  But that moment faded in the beautiful reality that I have raised you girls to be bold, confident, and able to stand and make choices outside of me and Daddy.  Ladies, watching the two of you walk up to that water by yourself with purpose and confidence was the GREATEST joy.






Watching you profess your faith in front of all of your friends and church family without prompting.........deeply INSPIRING.  All I could think of as I sat in the front row snapping pictures was Go Girls!  SHINE ON.  You don't need me....or Daddy.....you have Jesus.  And HE is EVERYTHING!









Becky asked you both "Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?"

YES

"Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins?"\

YES

"Do you believe that you are a sinner, saved by Grace, and purposed for a Life in Jesus?"

YES

Guys, I will admit it.....I cried.  Big happy alligator tears.  There  is something so incredible about feeling in the presence of Holiness.  Girls its beautiful.

Even one of your best friends was baptized too.  Lily, you and Lucas are good friends, your community is big, those who love you and love Jesus are many.  Both of you girls are part of a very very big family seeking to love Jesus and Love others and change the world.  Girls ITS SO EXCITING!


Memaw and Papa came down to celebrate with us, and both of you got your own cross jewlery to wear.  Girls you have decided.....and we were in the room where it happened!

Lily Lu and Bee,  You both are amazing, you both are kind, you both are beautiful, and you both belong to the King.  Be the hands and feet of Jesus girls.  Never be afraid to show up and dig in and believe in the hope that Jesus brings.  You are part of a Kingdom that lives outside of this world and the darkness in it.  You have been set free to live in love with Jesus.  

But girls, the Devil is smart and he will work to break that joy.  He will use darkness and division and desperation to distract you from the Kingdom call.  So I am going to leave you with this......

Love the Lord your God with all your heart all your soul all your mind and all your strength.

Love and give and care for your neighbor and this world they way you would love, and give, and care for yourself.

And be a FRUIT BEARER.  Girls be love, be joy, be peace, be patient, be kind, be good, be faithful, be gentle, and above all through Christ show self control.  Bear fruit girls.


You both are loved more than you can imagine and this day is one that I celebrate, and honor, and treasure.  You are the daughters of a King. Never, ever, ever forget it.

All my love.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment