Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Kelly greens and all the things

The Southseas Resort was all things magical, but as our time there came to an end we could not wait to get back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few more days.  On the way home from the island we stopped in the Ding Darling nature area to kayak their river trail through the mangroves.  It was so beautiful.


Lily was determined to paddle her own kayak and it quickly became a major feat when she had to paddle about a quarter of a mile before even getting to the mangroves.  Once we got her to the mangroves, the first half of the journey was paddling UP stream.  Won't lie, it got real hard, REAL FAST.

Grandma and Grandpa were leading the group, Bob had Evie in a double and Lily and I were in the middle flying solo kayaks.  Poor Lily got really overwhelmed really quickly and I won't lie, the water was running reasonably strong against us and the anxious tears cropped up when all of a sudden Lily did not have enough strength to manage the kayak and the strength of the water.  So I tied her to me and had to put ALL my strength into getting us moving forward and not standing still in the water.  It was a workout, BUT we can do hard things and we went from tears to confidence!

Between tennis, golf, and enjoying the beach we had an amazing time.  One of my favorite things to do is to run to the nearby Fort Myers Beach.  Its a sweet 5 mile out and back and the time enjoying the sunrise was magical.  Always is.






I enjoyed yoga on the lanai in the warm and humid weather.  Grandpa was worried I was too hot, but I enjoyed it immensely!

On one of our last days we got to go to Tiger Woods new mini golf course PopStroke.  Such a cool place.  Evie even made a hole in 1!



We had dinner in Fort Myers and by the look of these kids I think vacation was a win.  We run them hard.


And when they crash.....they crash! Parenting WIN!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment