Friday, April 26, 2019

Butterfly Wonder

So 2 weeks ago I got the privilege of being a chaperone for the 2nd grade field trip to the Butterfly Wonderland!  You know, as a mother I walk a careful line of making sure my girls and their school knows I am involved, but not TOO involved.  They all know my name and who my kids are, but at the end of the day, I really pick and choose where to be involved.

Lily has been looking forward to this field trip since she heard all 2nd graders get to do it last year.  She has been so anxious for this one since the beginning of this semester.  I knew this was one of those important moment and I showed up!


That picture aptly describes the experience. WILD, and CRAZY, and LOUD.....so loud.  We all rode the bus together and I kept giggling internally going, "Thank Jesus I am not a teacher. Lord bless all the teachers. Its so loud in here!"


I had a fun group of Lily's classmates to keep track of and I am happy to announce that I did not loose one of them!  Not only that but we made it successfully through the Wonderland without stepping on any butterflies and with only a couple of tears due to lack of butterfly landings.




I kept telling the kids to be quiet and move slowly and one would probably take a respite on them, but alas, they are 2nd graders so only a couple of them managed to be a resting stop.  I had several find their way over and it was a lovely time in the pavillion.



The trip was shorter than we all wanted, but such a fun time!  I am hoping that this will be one of those special memories that Lily recalls as a time when Mom showed up.



No comments:

Post a Comment