Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Dear Jill

I don't think you know how incredible you are.  Well, maybe you do, but I am going to go ahead and write it down so that 1. You will know it, 2. If you ever doubt it you can read it again, and 3. Because there aren't many women who can talk about their Mother in Laws with as much love as me.

I have been richly blessed.  You are so much more than a Mother in Law to me and I am so overwhelmed at the gift God gave me in you.  When I met your son, I simply had no idea the wealth of love and support that was going to come with him. You have been one of my biggest fans.  That's special.


I don't tell you in enough ways how grateful I am for the man that you raised.  You did good.  I now understand the challenge and joy of being an intentional parent and I thank you for doing it.  Your son is a man of character.  He is a man of integrity, strength, humility, honor, and deep, deep love.  I waited patiently for God to bring him into my life.  I prayed and prayed for him.  I am humbled when I think about all those years you parented while I prayed.  I even wrote down 10 "standards" for the man I was supposed to marry............he has them all.  He is the man of my dreams Jill.  


But raising my knight in shining armor is really only a small part of what makes me admire and love you. I love the way you give your time and your love without judgement, expectation, or agenda.  You are always present when you are with us Jill.  You are always here and never afraid of living in our mess.  You give your time all the time.  You laugh and love and live.  My girls call you the Grandma that laughs a lot.  Oh to be known like that!  You make me want to laugh more, and worry less.  You remind me how important it is to treasure life and relationships.  You remind me to live joyfully all the time.



You love Jesus.  I mean really LOVE Jesus.  When I look at you and talk to you Jill I see a woman who walks in the garden.  I see a woman, who despite life's sorrows, knows exactly where her source of Joy is. I see a woman who lives the embodiment of being the "hands and feet."  You make me want to know Jesus better.  You are a light in the darkness, a City on a Hill.  Your light doesn't just shine Jill, it radiates from you.  


Jill I am so thankful that I get to call you Mom.  I am so grateful that my children get to call you Grandma.  You are a special woman and you have made a difference in my life.

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment