Thursday, April 4, 2019

Wonder Woman 5k


3 months ago when I heard about the Wonder Woman 5k race, I could not contain my excitement.  I LOVE having kids that are old enough to do this stuff, and knowing that Grandma was going to be here only made it that much sweeter.  I was ecstatic to sign us all up.

It was a big ask for me because my foot still deals with extensive nerve pain and at the time that I signed up it was kind of on a whim and a prayer that I was going to be able to participate.  But, my foot is improving, and YES, I was able to show up and "run" this race with my girls.  So empowering, so encouraging. 



Not going to lie I am a bit of a Wonder Woman fanatic, I know.....aren't most women these days?  I am one of them and I have no shame, neither does my family.




We Are WONDER WOMEN!


So is Grandma!  I mean really, how many kids have Grandmas that wear a Wonder Woman shirt and run a 5k with you?  She's pretty amazing!


Poor Evie gashed her leg open on an escalator 2 days prior to the race, but the little creature made the best of it.  Evie, her Daddy, and I stayed together while Lily and Grandma took off on their own.  The Bee wanted uppies for about .25 miles and then that kid RAN the whole rest of the way!


She even flew a little bit........




Evie was so gung ho that we managed to catch up to Lily and Grandma.  It lit Lily's fire when her sister came barreling past her and both girls finished their 5k strong, confident, and proud.  It was so much fun to be a part of.


And I finished a 5k.......not pain free, not without work, rest, and recovery, but I did it.  After 5 months of fear and pain, I did it.


And there was nothing sweeter than doing it with my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment