Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Nutcracker


I know the Ballet isn't for everyone but I cannot tell you how excited I was to finally be at the stage where we can take our girls to go and see The Nutcracker!  All of these traditions that we are beginning to establish.  SO MUCH FUN!


Every year Ballet Arizona puts on a Kids version of the classic.  Basically they have taken the 3 hour epic dance and boiled it down to about 1 hour and 45 minutes.....intermission included. I absolutely loved it.  Ballet is so moving to me.  Maybe its because I understand the athleticism and focus of it all.  Dancers are spectacular.  Lily was mesmerized when she wasn't absolutely confused in the story.  Evie was a perfect angel for the first half.  The second half was a whole lot of whining that this was "Boring." and "When will it be over?"  Boy how glad I am that it was the shortened version!



The show director was BRILLIANT though, because right in the middle of the second act this little number below came out and broke up the "boring" with interactive clapping and crowd play. This lovely lady of hearts had Evie giggling and clapping and all of us smiling.


There is just nothing like sharing fun experiences with those you love.  I am definitely looking forward to making The Nutcracker part of our holiday traditions....and one day maybe we will be able to experience the whole beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment