Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Longmires 2018

Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!  Time has once again does what it does and we are sitting here at the close of yet another year.  2018 has been a big year and we have ridden a rather intense roller coaster of life.




Bob has had a very successful year with PSPC.  We are still so grateful for his job and for the opportunities it affords us.  He gets to work from home on most days, and he stays very involved with all of his girls.  He is working right now to hone his golf skills and enjoys unlimited lessons at our local golf club.  Its been a joy to watch him find something he loves.  Bob still plays volleyball with our buddies Jeff and Melissa and they dominate much of the time.  He has played in several tournaments and even had a chance to take the girls to Mexico for the Rocky Point sand volleyball tournament.  Although he does travel a fair amount, we girls don't mind.  He spends lots of time with us when he is home.



Bob and I celebrated 14 years together. I am so grateful for him, and eventhough life has dealt a handful of adulting lately, there is no doubt that we are God's best together.  Our marriage is and always will be worth fighting for, and he and I both refuse to let life have a say in it. We have exciting things on the horizon for next year and are hoping that we can pull off a 2.5 week trip to Thailand....just the two of us.



Lily is 8.  She is fast becoming a young woman and has growth spurted to prove it.  She is effectively taking after her Daddy in the tall department and I am having the hardest time keeping her in clothes that don't look like she is waiting for another flood.  She is amazing.





Lily loves to travel and enjoyed several trips this past year.  I think one of the highlights was traveling by herself out to Florida for a week with her Grandparents. There is no doubt the kid loves to travel.  Many of her other highlights are riding horses with Memaw every other month or so, and spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Hill.  The kid loves so big and has a personality to match.  She is fun, smart, and loves to do.  Her reading is taking flight and she entered 2nd grade this year ready and excited.  Lily loves to sing, swim, and do gymnastics.  She also loves to be Fancy. Jewlery, dresses, and all things fashion.





Evie, the Bee, the one and only.


This little girl is something else.  Evie exited Preschool and took on Kindergarten this year.  She is thriving and except for her astounding ability to go a mile when given an inch, has captured the hearts of pretty much everyone that knows her.



Evie is spunky and fiesty, and has this fierce little spirit that makes me love her and need an unlimited membership to yoga.  She is bold y'all, but the little girl loves.  Evie enjoys swimming, gymnastics, eating sugar, and having playdates.  She is so smart and is one of the best kids to have a conversation with.  Ill tell you what, this little girl is going to do something big.  She's tough.


Evie LOVES to ride horses with Memaw and spent a week all by herself riding her little heart out.  She loves having tea parties with Grandma Jill and playing incessant rounds of the puppy game.  She is special.  Evie got to visit the new Aquarium out here for her 5th birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Longmire, and finished her year out with a trip to CO to see her buddy Elijah.

Me....oh me.  This year has truly been highs and lows.  After the recovery time from IRONMAN and working so diligently to step back and get my body back on the right track, I find myself finishing the year in a cast.  Its been a rough one and pretty frustrating to be finding my health only to mess up my foot.  I am working hard as this year closes on 2 things. First, finding peace in stillness, and second, remaining joy filled when life is not going my way.  Both are challenging for me.





I am trying to remain hopeful, but this injury in my foot has been unreal.  It's hard to see the forest through the trees, but I wake up and fight another day hoping that I can get this thing healed.  I am so grateful for my photography business, my work with PSPC, and the plethora of friends that are in my life.  I have been richly blessed.  I joined a Crossfit gym this year, Mesa Human Performance Center, and am part of my dear friends new Yoga Studio.  Both of these places have afforded me amazing human connections and a place to reconnect with myself.

Our house flooded in September leaving us with months of reconstruction.  We are finally coming out of that tunnel and our home is beautiful.  We are so fortunate and our problems are so "rich," but the unsettled time in our home has been trying on all of us.  Its just been a challenging season.   We lost dear Great Grandma Joyce this Fall too which has been hard, but even through the low times we have had our fair share of joy. Here are some of our highlights from this year:
  • I took first place at the Lost Dutchman 8k
  • Lily and Evie brought home Lice and we got to figure out how to fight that off-HUGE  Accomplishment.
  • Bob got to attend the Falcon Heavy Launch out in Florida
  • Bob and his buddy Jeff won a volleyball doubles tournament.
  • Lily and Evie got to see Memaw and Papa more consistently and have become consummate riders.
  • Lily made the wall for Star Student.
  • I got to attend the #IMOMSOHARD conference....twice!
  • We all met the Hill family and have become Godparents to Daniel.  
  • I joined a Bible Study and am overwhelmed by Gods goodness.
  • We all spent countless hours on the salt river.  One of our new favorite hobbies!
  • Bob and I met Niagra Falls.
  • Lily stayed for 2 nights at the Grand Floridian.
  • We took Grandma Jill up to Memaw and Papas house for riding and hiking.
  • We all spent a week in California with our cousins!!!
  • Bob and all of us got to go to NASA JPL.
  • Evie lost 2 teeth!
  • Lily took first place at her swim meet.
  • We all dressed up as Star Wars characters for Halloween.
  • Bob and I attended the Weekend to Remember with our dear friends Rebekah and Steve.
  • I got to go to North Carolina to see my girlfriend Grace!
  • The girls got to go international for the first time with a trip to Mexico!
  • Me and the girls got to go to Great Wolf Lodge with our buddies from CO. What a great trip

There is so much more that happened in our family this year and you can find it all here on this blog, but for now as we send this year into the history books, I want to pause and be joyful.

May true JOY fill you this holiday season
and last through 2019.

Many Blessings and Much Love
The Longmires


No comments:

Post a Comment