Friday, November 23, 2018

Out in Westfield

I have waited nearly 2 years for this. This woman is one of my absolutely dearest and best friends.  No, this woman is a sister. She is one of the most incredible humans you could possibly know and I am beyond  humbled and completely overwhelmed with gratitude that she is in my inner circle.  She is special y'all.


And so is her crew. Oh how I have missed these little squishes and it was so wonderful to finally get to snuggle her newest team member!  We have known each other since our first babies were in utero. Goodness how life has moved. So much change and yet she and I are very dearly connected at the heart.  The saying is true, there is no distance or time between friends.


Grace and Sebron live on quite possibly the coolest piece of land in Westfield.  It is a little farmhouse with all of these incredible buildings and barns all over it.  It has so much story and history, and its just plain ole fun!


Of course I had to go out to feed the chickens, and goats, and dogs.....oh my!  I nearly froze my  hmmm hmmmm off because it was FA---REEEZING! and sleeting rain. Oy.  We are not in Kansas anymore Toto!


I just have to brag on this kick ass hen.  Grace has all laying hens, but this little lady has determined that some eggs are worth letting have a chance and has single-handedly hatched over 13 chicks.  She literally went around gathering other hens eggs after they were fertilized and put them in this corner. Unlike Miss Maisy (where my Dr. Suess lovers at?) this little lady sat, and sat, and sat on them until they hatched.  All of the little chicks are fully hatched now and trying to stay warm under her in this photo.  She literally has 14 chicks under her body.......we counted.  AMAZING.  Now, what Grace and Sebron are going to do with 14 more chicks in their life?  Who knows, but they are the couple for the job!


In case managing chicks, and dogs, and children weren't enough, my amazing friend also has a herd of goats for her goats milk soap.  Jessup Ranch soap is simply the BEST soap out there......bar none.  Seriously.  You don't believe me?  Try them........ www.jessupranchsoaps.com


When we weren't having amazing, life giving conversation, or raiding her soap stash, or caring for the livestock, we cooked!  These two little ladies loved to help me and take a stab at which one is most like Evie...........You got it?  Grace and I always hope we can get all of our kids together one day because they would have some fun!



I brought my camera all the way out to NC so that I could take all of their pictures.  Oh I love how they turned out and I love each one of these kids.


Miss Lulu, Laughter Grace, her face just smiles.  She is so spicy and absolutely sure of what she wants and what she doesn't want.  She is bold and fun and all Lulu.


Miss Hayva Joy, my Little Evie match.  This girl is the sweetest, most tenderhearted, fiesty little creature that ever did walk around. She is fearless, and helpful, and gives some great hugs.


Lariat Brave, this boy was just a wee little infant when I saw him last.  He has grown into a sweet little tenacious bubbling toddler and his smile and giggle will just melt you. Like into a puddle....


Then there is Winds.  Winslow Trek.  This kid is ALL sunshine.  His joy has joy.  He is the happiest little baby that I have ever met and you just look at him and the world seems like a bright and beautiful place. Happiness shines through him.  


The J-Man, the one and only Jancsi Sebron.  I have known this little boy from the day he entered the world. I spent his first year watching him grown under the same roof as my Lily.  He is growing up into a smart, unbelievably creative, bold, and confident kid.  Like I told his Mom when we moved away from each other, he is a Joshua.  He is brave, he is courageous, and he is going places.


Yes, I took these pictures for Grace, but honestly, I had an entirely selfish motivation for taking them.  I needed a new one for my wall.  

My time in North Carolina was Divinely blessed.  There is no richer joy than sharing a kitchen floor with one beautiful Grace Jessup.  


Our sisterhood is tighter and bonded more strongly than ever and I am grateful for the joy of once again doing life with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment