Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Force Is Strong Here

Well, we steered completely into it this  year guys with a FULL ON Star Wars theme.  Never in my entire 36 years would I have told you I was going to one day have a family so into Star Wars that I was going to go as Han Solo one Halloween......And require my dog to wear an R2D2 costume!

But.......We are just that cool, and all things considered, I think we nailed it!


This family theme began to brew about a year ago when the girls first started getting into the Star Wars movies.  We tossed around so many combinations of the old and the new movies, but across it all Bob was Chewbacca, and I was Han Solo........kinda funny.

The girls really worked hard to figure out if they both wanted to go as Rey, or Leia, or one of each, or R2 and C3PO? Oh it was a tough call, but when I found Rey's droid BB8 in a cute dress costume, it was settled. Rey, BB8, Chewy, Han, and R2.  Couldn't have been more perfect.



Every Halloween, the kids all get dressed up for the school costume parade.  Its so fun for them because they get to wear their Halloween costume for the whole day and show all of their friends. They love it and it is so much fun to follow them and take their pictures.  


Strong, mighty, yep, this girl is Rey.  Barefeet and all!


Evie pulled off the adorable sidekick role with so much ease.  I have to say that she is quite literally the cutest BB8 out there.  No doubts.




There is most definitely some quality sister annoyance in this picture, and I love it.  These girls make me happy.


Later that night we met up with a bunch of friends and left on our trick or treating adventure.  We are so fortunate to live in one of the best neighborhoods for trick or treating.  It is so popular that people quite literally bus kids in from other areas.  It's packed!


Lily spent most of the night with a couple of her best friends ad they had a blast.  Their buckets were overflowing with sugar and their memory banks were full.  Lily spent the entire next 2 days telling us on repeat, "Mommy, I just had the BEST time last night.  When can we do it again?"


Right now while I am wrestling with my own sadness regarding my foot and working to not bring my whole family down with me, I am grateful for days and moments like the one above.  Joy, laughter, and all the things that are bright about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment