Saturday, November 3, 2018

Annie

Whoa, November is here!  Fall and the holiday season is flying by and I sat down this morning going, MAN, I need to catch up!

Two weeks ago Memaw came down from the mountains to watch the girls for about 8 days.  Bob and I went on a business trip to Florida and then had our marriage retreat in California right after.  Yep cross country travelers right here!


Aside from managing school drop off and all the logistics of that, Memaw took the girls to their first live theater production of Annie at the Hale Theater in Gilbert!  So fun.  I won't lie, I was jealous and so wishing that I could have been there.


The girls had an exquisite time and aside from a tired Evie melting down in the last half and falling fast asleep the night was a raging success! "It's a Hard Knock life....for us!"  Gosh I love that show.  So glad that my girls get to do fun things like this with their Grandparents and its making me ever so excited for this Christmas when we introduce them to the Nutcracker!



Of course Lily had a big project due the Monday that we got back so it fell to Memaw to help her with it.  In true Memaw fashion she helped Lily deliver a perfect pumpkin character from one of her favorite books, "I'm Sad."  Don't worry, its a cute book.  Little did we know that it would come in handy later that weekend......



After school last Friday Memaw took the girls up to the mountains for the Fall Festival and to spend time with Papa.  

The girls got to don their Star Wars costumes and start the great candy collection early!



I think they had a great time and enjoyed the mountain weather!



Unfortunately, Memaw and Papa's dog Oreo had to be put down over the weekend which brought about a lot of sadness and emotions.  It doesn't matter if you are 5 or 75, loss is hard, and especially the loss of a pet.  Sweet Oreo has been in the family for many many years (as in the first year of our marriage 15 years ago).  Its hard to see her go, but it was time.


The time with Memaw was rich with experiences, and even though we came home to some sad kids, the conversations we have had have been beautifully encouraging.  Gone but not forgotten we say.  Even Little Evie said it best, "Mommy, I think shes playing with Grandma Fran and Grandma Joyce up in Heaven. She's happy, she can see, and her leg doesn't hurt anymore."

Yep sweet girl, I think you got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment